net calories

Options
Hi-new to this and eating all the extra calories from working out seems like a lot. have you been successful in eating all your net calories and losing weight?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yep!
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Never eat my exercise calories- they're an added bonus for my calorie deficit and help me lose weight more quickly. Trick is to consume calories less than you need so your body has to burn fat.. and log it all to keep check x
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not for me; if I ate them all I didn't lose, so now I only eat half of them max.

MFP is known to over-calculate exercise calories, so maybe that's what happened with me when I ate them all.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Working so far!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    In theory eating back your exercise calories works but it assumes that:

1) The measurement of your caloric intake is accurate (even nutritional data on food labels may be + or - 20% for some products)

2) The measurement of your caloric expenditure is accurate (many cardio machines and MFP tend to be "generous" when estimating calories burned during exercise, even most HRMs will report gross calories burned rather than just those attributed to exercise - net - and the difference can be significant)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all and lost plenty of weight. I don't bother logging them now because of how much everyone says MFP overestimates, but if I do exercise I don't mind going a bit over that day.
  • kateglen15
    kateglen15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ok thank you so much, I have read so many different things-that its becoming confusing!

Has anyone just done TDEE calories and lost weight?