Women around 5'8"

Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is around 2500. I set my goal to 2000 when losing.
  • zagemeel
    zagemeel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here and just calculated my TDEE (what does this mean?) its telling me that I should have an intake of 1263 kcal's a day.
    Could somebody explain all the meanings please and how can i get a tracker.
    my weight now is 210 lbs and would like to slim down back to a size 14.
    A 18 now.
    greetings from Zagemeel
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here and just calculated my TDEE (what does this mean?) its telling me that I should have an intake of 1263 kcal's a day.
    A 18 now.
    greetings from Zagemeel

TDEE is the amount of calories you need to consume to maintain your weight. It takes account of your height, weight and the energy you use throughout the day.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A 18 now.
    greetings from Zagemeel

The tracker / ticker is in Apps (next to Community) at top of page when visiting MFP via web browser
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'6" and 5'7". I eat about 1800 calories a day.

Would you rather be able to eat all the foodz, feel satisfied, lose weight slowly, maintain some lean muscle mass (assuming you are lifting weights...which you should), or feel deprived, lose weight too fast, and end up skinny fat?

I'll take food and muscle, please!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 2417. If I deduct 20% from that I should be eating around 1800-1900 cal. a day to lose weight? Right? It just seems like a lot to be on a mission to lose this last 20 pounds! :)

if you only have 20lb to lose, you might be better off with a 15 or even a 10% deficit. Be prepared to make the deficit smaller as you lose more weight. You'll probably be okay with 20% to begin with.

The less your body has to lose, the more likely it is that you'll lose muscle and/or bone density along with the fat. You can prevent that by a) doing exercise that works the muscles hard and makes your bones carry weight, and b) eating plenty of protein and generally eating a healthy diet including calcium for your bones and c) making sure you don't make the deficit too big.

It may take longer.... but what you want is to lose pure fat and keep it off for life, you're more likely to succeed at that if you take the fat loss slowly and do everything the healthy way.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO much! This is such a big help! :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Obviously your TDEE will vary according to how active you are. But as a moderately active person (I workout most days, walk my dogs, but have an often sedentary job), my figures are very similar to yours. I find if I stick in the 1800 - 2000 cal region, I lose nicely. More than that, and my losses slow down to a snail like pace. I can go down to about 1600 to speed things up a smidge, but if I go any lower than that, I find I am very hungry.

Hope that helps.
  • zagemeel
    zagemeel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for showing me I am very happy with it :smile: