C to 5K success

Options
13»

Replies

• SullyCapeCod
    Options
    I have been thinking of doing this for a few weeks now. My wife has been pushing it since she is stalling with our daily walks and weekly bike rides.

I think this was the push I needed.

Thanks!
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've started the program several times, but haven't finished it. In fact, I've only gotten as far as week 2. I need to start again, though and go all the way!
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome.
    Ive repeated weeks but made significant progress...But shin splints have forced me to stop, at least for the time being. I went from crying after 60 seconds of running to being able to run a solid 12 minute mile, which was my own success.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Seriously, what's up with gym teachers? I had one of those in middle school too...I was really struggling during our mile test and after I came in (close to last) she yelled at me in front of everyone that if I weren't so overweight I would be able to keep up. :ohwell:

I'm currently on my second round of Week 4 and LOVING it. It's definitely tough and pushes me everytime, Week 4 has proven difficult which is why I'm repeating it, but it is beyond liberating whenever I push through and finish!!!

Can't wait to run my first mile, and definitely can't wait for my first 5k!!! Great job, girl!!! :drinker:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Excellence!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 2 - but realize I am going back to the beginning to start again. With some breaks from program, I feel best for me to start again and make a point to stay on schedule!!! I do heavy strength on M, W, & F..so my attempts to become a runner are for T, Th, & Sats. Glad to hear I can go back and not feel like a total failure. Like alot of people I too was - NOT A RUNNER but want the freedom to be!!!
  • level26
    Options
    :drinker: F*cking awesome dude! I'm the same way, never played sports, dreaded gym class, and walked the mile run in school, lol I just started C25K, 1week completed, I have a long ways to go, but I know I will eventually be as awesome as you!:flowerforyou:

This!
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's a great achievement - you're a runner now!

When I did this I struggled to make the leap to running more than 15 minutes. I bought a heart rate monitor on the advice of a friend and found that my natural pace of about 10kph resulted in a heart rate in the 170s. I slowed myself down to keep my heart rate below 150 (about 7.5 - 8kph) and found it wasn't long before I could run for an hour.

Good luck to those going through it now.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! You are going to make me cry!

Thank you so much for telling about your experience with C25K. It's an individual program that can be tailored to fit anyone's needs and fitness level. All you have to do is do it! And you did it!

When I started C25K, I was 234 lbs. I will never forget when I realized that I ran 2 minutes IN A ROW. I cried with joy!
  • redbird1312
    Options
    Congratulations! My husband and I just started the program and I too, have been very frustrated with my inability to do the program as it is written (especially since my husband seems to not be struggling at all!) Thank you for your encouragement! I have been telling myself that as long as I keep moving, that is the goal! :happy:
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great job! I had great success with it as well. I started out gasping for breath running the 60-second intervals, and just this past weekend I ran 4 miles nonstop in 40 minutes. It's a fantastic program!
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good job! Isnt it a good feeling to have achieved your first goal. No one can take that away! Now you can set your next goal and get into that achieving habit......
  • redmagpie91
    redmagpie91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I bought new sneakers last week and the salesperson gave me a couch to 5k info sheet. I have been thinking about it and I believe you have helped me to decide to give it a shot. I think we may have had the same crappy gym teacher.

What store? Cause that's amazing! All places should do that!
  • robinkelly25
    robinkelly25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the program and today ran 8 minutes, walked 5, and then ran 8 minutes again. That was tough! This post really gave me the motivation that I needed to keep going. I have also repeated weeks.. I figure it's not a race as long as I am doing it, even if it takes me a little bit longer.. ;) Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!