Did not expect this from lifting heavy!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    loooooooove this post!
    Congrats :)
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Lifting is totally where it's at. Long slow cardio is for rest days lol
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I would like to start lifting when I hit my 40 lb. goal. I hear the benefits are amazing. Sounds like it is working out great for you.:flowerforyou:
    I felt the same way about waiting to lift, but I really encourage you to start as soon as possible. Your body will look better faster, there's no reason to wait. I repeatedly hear people saying "I only wish I had started sooner."

Great work, OP. Heavy lifting really is magical.
    Just had to reiterate this. I really wish I had started sooner.

My knee doctor was thrilled I was doing squats and deadlifts in addition to running. They really go well together.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Well done, OP!
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started stronglifts 5X5 not too long ago and noticed the exact same thing with my running. I'm faster and it feels easier. Isn't it great?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Is there any more Whiskey left?
  • 65svtfastback
    65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would like to start lifting when I hit my 40 lb. goal. I hear the benefits are amazing. Sounds like it is working out great for you.:flowerforyou:

Why wait?

If you wait, then much of that 40 pounds will be muscle lost instead of fat.

Start now, and almost all of that 40 pounds will be fat. I guarantee you that you will be happier with how you look after losing 40 pounds if you start lifting properly now.

TOTALLY agree with this....I lost 80 pounds in 6 months and my ONLY regret is that I thought it would be a good idea to wait until I was thin to lift....much harder now to add the muscle back on. Lifting is still awesome, but I would be better off if I had started from the get go.

My wife started lifting from the get go, she is 5'3" and her loss is much more even/cleaner.....and she can out squat me be 35 pounds!!!
  • 65svtfastback
    65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Is there any more Whiskey left?

Hell Yes!!! There is always more Whiskey :) lol
  • pjacademy
    Options
    Hmm. Must. Start. Lifting :)
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    very, very cool! congrats on your achievements and pass the whiskey! :drinker:
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting really is magical.

This is ~exactly~ how I describe lifting.

Me too!
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad you're having great results by lifting and hopefully your story motivates other to lift as well. By the way, very nice of you to agree to run w/ your friend all last minute :)
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You are crediting the lifting for your improved perfomance but you mentioned whisky. How do you know it wasn't the whisky? :)