How different weight looks

Options
I've searched long and hard for this tool... it was really hard for me to determine my weight loss goal and this has really helped me!

http://callmenikita.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-different-weights-look.html

Replies

• Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is actually really neat!
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    isnt it cool! i was wondering why no one noticed the 17lbs i lost but when i did the comparrison its so small of a difference, i get it now!

did you do yours?
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've now got it bookmarked on my favorites bar so I can look at it whenever. :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's kinda neat but I'm curious how that woman manages to shrink her ribcage to look thinner as she loses weight too :p

I don't know, I looked at 120 lbs for 5'5" and I'm quite sure someone that weight for that size would look much thinner.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool. Big difference in the look between "regular" vs "muscular".
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome!!! I bookmarked this so I can see the difference.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Love it! thanks for the link.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Cool. But it needs a "lost a load of weight recently" setting as well, to simulate the excess skin, moobs etc. :(

If I looked like the 190 lb guy on there, I'd be happy already...
  • icklistpiklist
    icklistpiklist Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. It's now bookmarked!
  • ToniDortch24
    Options
    Thanks soooo much....I needed that pick me up.... I was also wondering why nobody noticed my weight loss... but now i know why its a little bit considered to the whole picture
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, I decided based on this web page I need to lose another 10lb extra lol
  • callmenikita
    Options
    Thanks soooo much....I needed that pick me up.... I was also wondering why nobody noticed my weight loss... but now i know why its a little bit considered to the whole picture

trust me after 16lbs i was ready to lay the smack down on people for not noticing!!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would say it works well for average sized people. I put in my height of 6'0" and there was no change really for the 10lb drop I wanted to see, so I started messing with it. It let me drop the goal weight all the way down to 100-120 and the model didn't look even all that thin when someone at that weight would actually look sickly. I then changed the height to 5'4" and the after model looked pretty much the same at 120 as it did for the 6'0" model.
  • callmenikita
    Options
    Cool. But it needs a "lost a load of weight recently" setting as well, to simulate the excess skin, moobs etc. :(

If I looked like the 190 lb guy on there, I'd be happy already...

i agree.. for the women they have like small & large chest size... they need a extra large! but overall i think what i am closelt compared to the model i was given
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    the model of my current weight has a double chin.... I don't have that :(

for some reason I also selected "pear" and she still carried most of her weight on her top half. it's a neat site but I much prefer mybodygallery.com.
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump
  • katarina236
    katarina236 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump to read later in the comfort of my home
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    thanks for this, I tried the link out of interest, I've only got 7lbs to lose and the interesting thing was 7lbs would make no visible difference to my overall shape! It makes me wonder why I care so much about these last 7lbs lol - but the fact is I do, I know it'll make my waist/tummy area smaller which is what I'm wanting :) so I'll keep plodding on and one day I'll get there (right now its a veryyy slow process!)

Great post :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like this site even more:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Real people submit their photo, height, weight and size!

**That model wasn't really like me at all at my current weight!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I usually just read the labels on the sides of the dumbbells to know how much they weigh :)