Whats your cheat meal?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    http://callmenikita.blogspot.com/2013/08/lets-talk-cheat-meals.html

Do you have a cheat meal, cheat day?
    Whats your cheat meal?

Silliness, what constitutes a cheat meal/day?
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing! apparently I was the only one in the community of people i talked to "living a healthier lifestyle" that didnt have a cheat meal. SO of course i went to google and Dr.Oz (even though i think he's a loone) and picked up great advice about a "cheat meal"

my cheat meal normally involved some kind of carb since i limit my carb intake from wheats. so even if its brown rice & chicken im happy :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing! apparently I was the only one in the community of people i talked to "living a healthier lifestyle" that didnt have a cheat meal. SO of course i went to google and Dr.Oz (even though i think he's a loone) and picked up great advice about a "cheat meal"

my cheat meal normally involved some kind of carb since i limit my carb intake from wheats. so even if its brown rice & chicken im happy :)

I would say that's the worst cheat meal ever
  • callmenikita
    Options
    I know! thats why its a cheat meal lol of course i dont load my plate with rice.... but hey i have to give my body what it wants every once in a while so i dont binge eat
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat. I eat whatever I want as long as it is within my macros
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    True.dat. It lacks creativity.

My "cheat" meal happened this weekend. Honestly, it wasn't a cheat so much as "bleed out your wallet" type meal.

I made:
    Foie gras seared and served on chanterelles foraged that morning.
    Dungeness crabs roasted in garlic butter.
    Brioche with tomme du chevre, humbold fog, sopressata, gardianera, and beechers cheese curds
    All that served with 4 bottles of wine, three of which were brought back from france, one from the willamette valley.
    Some cellared beers.
    and a bottle of expensive bourbon.

If that's not a cheat on something, I'm doing it wrong.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals/cheat days. I eat whatever I want and just fit it into my goals for the day. If I want a cheeseburger for dinner, I make sure that I workout the rest of the day to fit that cheeseburger. The idea of "cheating" seems like you are doing something bad. I don't want that kind of relationship with food.
  • Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pad thai with a gallon of sriracha sauce...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    can we start locking threads about cheating on your food? I can't handle seeing them 25 times a day.
  • callmenikita
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals/cheat days. I eat whatever I want and just fit it into my goals for the day. If I want a cheeseburger for dinner, I make sure that I workout the rest of the day to fit that cheeseburger. The idea of "cheating" seems like you are doing something bad. I don't want that kind of relationship with food.

thats a good way of thinking of it :)
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I know! thats why its a cheat meal lol of course i dont load my plate with rice.... but hey i have to give my body what it wants every once in a while so i dont binge eat

lol I think he was insulting your failure to eat badly. This is adorable.

I am eating waaaay healthier than I used to, but I don't view anything specifically as off-limits, so no need to cheat.

The other day, I thought I was making pizza, so I just was really careful through the day and had lots of calories left for it later. Didn't end up making it, so I had something else and some ice cream. It was a nice treat in that I had a lot of a calories left to use all at once. Not have to be careful was nice, but I didn't feel like I was eating something forbidden or whatever.

Funny thing is that when we finally did make pizza, we made the crusts out of zucchini and cauliflower, so they weren't that high in calories anyway. Although I ended up having Jaeger for dinner anyhow and pizza for breakfast the next day. lol

I'm a real planner, in case you can't tell. lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    True.dat. It lacks creativity.

My "cheat" meal happened this weekend. Honestly, it wasn't a cheat so much as "bleed out your wallet" type meal.

I made:
    Foie gras seared and served on chanterelles foraged that morning.
    Dungeness crabs roasted in garlic butter.
    Brioche with tomme du chevre, humbold fog, sopressata, gardianera, and beechers cheese curds
    All that served with 4 bottles of wine, three of which were brought back from france, one from the willamette valley.
    Some cellared beers.
    and a bottle of expensive bourbon.

If that's not a cheat on something, I'm doing it wrong.

I drooled a little bit.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options

I would say that's the worst cheat meal ever

I have to agree. If that's the cheat meal I don't even want to know what the standard meal is.

I'm guessing sawdust and protein powder. Mmmmm.
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't allow me to cheat, so I have to eat my meals with him.
  • BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Vegan pizza. I try to avoid cheats as much as possible but I am a girl so frankly when my horomones decide to take over my body and throw an angry rave...I want pizza thick crust extra sauce loaded with veggies like green olives and sundried tomatoes stuff that is going to make my sodium levels rocket and I savor every evil delicious bite! :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one yet really, but that Cheesecake Factory French toast is calling my name.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want.
    Cartman.gif
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't really have cheat meals. Of course, there are things I can't eat every day, but I don't think of them as "cheating" because I'm trying to develop a healthier relationship as foods.

But cheat desserts? Well, that's a whole different story.