bump
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I Love pumpkin. Thanks so much for the recipes.:flowerforyou:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin smoothie!?!? Yummmm! Can I use Fage for the yogurt or is it too thick?
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I posted this recipe on a thread that I started in the Food and Nutrition thread (by mistake!) asking for ideas on Fall veggie recipes and thought I would share this with you all. Sounds sooooo good! I do believe we will be trying it this weekend.

Pumpkin Cheddar Souffles

8 mini pumpkins
    4 large eggs
    4 tsp. all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    3 ounces Cabot Habenero Cheddar, diced (about 3/4 cup)
    salt and pepper to tase

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place uncut pumpkins in large shallow dish and add 1/4 inch of water; cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool. Reheat oven to 375 degrees. With paring knife, remove tops from pumpkins. Remove and discard seeds, then scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4 inch thick shell. Place four cups of pumpkin flesh in mixing bowl. Seperate eggs, stirring yolks into pumpkin flesh and put whites in seperate bowl. Stir in flour and baking powder into pumpkin mixture, then stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Whip egg whites into stiff peaks. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon souffle mixture into pumpkin shells and place on baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until puffed and set.

Nutritional stats:
    144 calories
    4g total fat
    2g sat fat
    131mg sodium
    23g carbs
    2g fiber
    8g protein
    158mg calcium
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • oddgirlout
    Options
    Yummo! I can't wait to see what else gets posted. Bump!
  • anumaly
    Options
    BUMP! i found one can of pumpkin today and it was hidden in soup area. i went all over the aisle and i couldn't find any!
  • alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump Bump
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    oooer pumpkin smoothie sounds amazing.

i personally like to make a nice pumpkin stew (cook with canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms, spices, etc). its so perfect for this cold depresso weather.

and

pumpkin soup (sweet potato, celery, carrots, onions, bullion cube, apple, spices, boil & blend)

this is my favest time for food.
  • LisaVh
    Options
    Would love to have some more pumpkin recipes.....think I will try the pie
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    another great recipe:

can use it with reduced fat crackers or I have to admit (I love eating it by the spoon, YUMMO!)

one regular size tub fat free cool whip, one pkg fat free cream cheese, 1 cup can pumkin, and 1c splenda (may change according to how sweet you like it).....it helps it you let the cream cheese get soft before blending...but did I say YUMMO!!!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    OMG try this smoothie. . . 1 frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 T. butterscotch instant FF/SF pudding, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Put in blender and WOW now I didn't add ice, but I am sure you can you if want. :smile: :smile:

Sounds yummy especially with the pudding. Definitely a keeper! Thanks.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LOVE Pumpkin! Bump :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin oatmeal!!

Cook 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal and 3/4 cup of water for a minute in the microwave.
    Then add in 1/2 cup solid pumpkin. Add in some vanilla (or chocolate!) protein powder (I use chocolate Shakeology!), or you can add some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and a few chopped walnuts. Yummy!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pudding

1 package sugar-free butterscotch pudding, prepared as directed (use skim milk)
    Add in 1 small can of solid pumpkin
    Cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice as desired
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yay, love pumpkin. Bumping this for the recipes! :heart:
  • rkwestfall
    rkwestfall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member