Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Equal amts of cottage cheese and PB. Sounds weird, but is actually a nice sandwich spread.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tbsp. on my toast or celery with no worries. Agree that you can fit it in as the stats aren't high. Just get one that is all natural. ~

cal180 carb6 fat14 protein8 sugar2 fibre2

^^this. It satifies my "dessert tooth" and helps me hit my protein/fat macros. 190 calories is not a lot in the big scheme of things. I usually put it on whole grain toast or fruit. It makes a nice and BALANCED 250-300 calorie snack to fuel my workouts.
  • diza1
    Options
    I've found 0 calorie peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter. No calories or carbs. Walden farms products is their name. My husband found their calorie free salad dressing at Walmart. I checked their website and found all kinds of 0 calorie foods. I called them and ordered a bunch of things. Most are really good. Some have a vinegar taste, so I added 2 sweet n lows to the dressing bottles and it was good.
    A little expensive. The lady I talked to at Walden Farms told me of the website nettrition.com where the same products are less expensive and the shipping is less too.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have looked at every store that sells PB (well any store that I have gone to that I notice sells pb) and NEVER ever have I seen sugar free!!

I'm not sure where you're located, but in Australia just about every health food store will blend up fresh peanut butter on the spot - it's just raw peanuts blended in a heavy duty blender - no sugar, no salt, no oil added - just peanuts.

In the supermarket, Sanitarium make a sugar free, salt free, no additives peanut butter too.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I cannot go a day without peanut butter in some form....meaning from the jar or a PB protein bar. I refuse to give it up at this point. I just try to make it fit somewhere.....or if it doesent im still having it. Sometimes its right from the spoon.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Jif sells "whipped" peanut butter. Its still plain peanut butter so one ounce is still the same amount of calories as regular peanut butter, but since it has air whipped in it has added volume, so two tablespoons is 140 calories, as opposed to 180-200 that most peanut butters are

Someone mentioned mixing peanut butter with banana. I've done that before and it is tasty!!! I also like mixing it with fat free, sugar free pudding cups. They're 60 calories each, so depending on how much peanut butter you put in, it couls still fit in your daily calorie goal.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you could ever track it, but I usually pour some of the oil off the top of the jar before I mix it up. I use it for a stir fry or something. The pb seems too runny if I mix it all in.

ETA: I buy store brand (Kroger) natural peanut butter and it has no added sugar. Ingredients are peanuts, salt.

I like your "picture"...I have a Life Is Good hat with "wander woman" on it!
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of hot water. It dilutes it a little bit, but it's still really good.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    P28 peanut butter (and other nut butters) are blended with whey protein...the calorie content seems to be just as high, but there's more protein :-)
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    you could use natural peanut butter or almond butter. Or you could just cut out the bread and eat a few tablespoons of Peanut butter off a spoon. Don't cut corners with peanut butter, I don't like the whipped stuff either. I make peanut butter granola bars to get my fix! :)
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've found 0 calorie peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter. No calories or carbs. Walden farms products is their name. My husband found their calorie free salad dressing at Walmart. I checked their website and found all kinds of 0 calorie foods. I called them and ordered a bunch of things. Most are really good. Some have a vinegar taste, so I added 2 sweet n lows to the dressing bottles and it was good.
    A little expensive. The lady I talked to at Walden Farms told me of the website nettrition.com where the same products are less expensive and the shipping is less too.
    Walden farms has Peanut Spread, not Peanut Butter. It contains 12 ingredients, none of which are actual peanuts. I just couldn't eat it, the texture and chemical odor turned me off. I also tried Better'n Peanut Butter, which is better tasting although not calorie free, but the ingredients are identifiable. I just fit in the calories. The Walden Farms maple syrup is very good though!
  • ridingo
    Options
    PB2 is a dry peanut butter with the oil removed, that you mix with water or milk or something else to take it back to liquid. ( I think )

I've never been able to find it, but my bestie who's doing Weight Watchers swears by it.
  • ISPEAKWHALE2
    ISPEAKWHALE2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a dry peanut butter with the oil removed, that you mix with water or milk or something else to take it back to liquid. ( I think )

I've never been able to find it, but my bestie who's doing Weight Watchers swears by it.

It has saved my diet, Amazon has it and our WallyWorld have it at least here, alot of organic stores have it too. I blend it everyday with almond milk and have as a treat. I buy in Bulk because I eat so much of it!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    100 % all natural peanut butter is worth it. the stuff I use is 28g (about a tablespoon) and is 100 calories. I use the 1 tbsp over two pieces of toast ....mmmmm peanutty goodness. no added salt sugar or oil just peanut butter taste.
  • debress
    debress Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I stir PB2 into my Greek Yogurt. Makes a peanut buttery treat.

I really miss PB and J sandwiches, but Quest Bar makes a PBJ flavor that tastes just like a PBJ sandwich.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I grind my own unsalted peanuts in the Vitamix, making my own peanut butter. 1 Tabl = 105 cal, 5 gm protein, 9 gm fat., 3 carb. Its yum.
  • nkp17
    nkp17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks will look into that!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Peanuts + Grinder.

OR:
    PB2.

There really is not sub, and you can cut it, but that would be kinda lame. If you were going to do that, do it with something that won't much the flavor. Like water. Cream, may work, but yogurt would bring a tang (pootie tang), and sour cream would be fat and tang.
  • browncurlz3
    Options
    I'm with the "just fit it in" folks. But might I add, choose a PB that is worth it. For example, an all-natural one with NO added sugar or palm oil. Seriously, try Crazy Richard's brand. I ate an entire jar in a weekend it is SO good and nothing but nuts.

Also, there's a brand that makes a spicy PB. I have a tsp of that and it cures my craving.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Love PB2. I mix mine with coconut cream at 10cal a Tablespoon and it is pretty dang tasty. I also use it alot to make dressing for oriental chicken salad and Thai coconut sauce. And my fav: toast, PB2 and BACON.