<waves> Hello Everyone </waves>

Options
I probably should have read an example to see what I'm supposed to say about myself. I suppose since this site is about fitness I should talk about that.

I have for years been very stubborn and lazy. I can't blame ignorance for my lack of discipline for not doing this earlier. My family has never had a male live longer than the age of 60. They have all passed early from heart attacks, coronaries and heart disease. Knowing that this is genetic and that I have to try harder than others I've put this off far too long.

Growing up my family ate nothing but processed foods, dairy, carbs and high fat foods. Now its time for me to undo years and years of bad eating habits and start with my own regime. I've decided on whole foods, staying within my calorie intake and adding in plenty of exercise. Trying to find motivation on my own had been difficult in the past, but I hope to have a few additional friends to help me along the way. I tend to be lazy sometimes to motivation is very welcome.

Anything more you want to know, please feel free to ask or at least say "Hi".

My Best to Everyone!

Damian

Replies

• kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Changing the family tree is an honorable thing! Welcome to the site - I love it. You really want to make a change, this site gives you great tools to build a new you. Okay, that was a bit cheezy but you get the idea, haha. Enjoy MFP!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! :smile:

Finding the motivation to get started and then stay on track is, in my opinion, the hardest thing to do. To start with I'd suggest you check out some of the success stories around the site- we have A LOT of them! Other than that, I say friend, friend, friend... there are a lot of amazing ppl on this site who are supportive and inspiring.

Good luck to you!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I probably should have read an example to see what I'm supposed to say about myself. I suppose since this site is about fitness I should talk about that.

I have for years been very stubborn and lazy. I can't blame ignorance for my lack of discipline for not doing this earlier. My family has never had a male live longer than the age of 60. They have all passed early from heart attacks, coronaries and heart disease. Knowing that this is genetic and that I have to try harder than others I've put this off far too long.

Growing up my family ate nothing but processed foods, dairy, carbs and high fat foods. Now its time for me to undo years and years of bad eating habits and start with my own regime. I've decided on whole foods, staying within my calorie intake and adding in plenty of exercise. Trying to find motivation on my own had been difficult in the past, but I hope to have a few additional friends to help me along the way. I tend to be lazy sometimes to motivation is very welcome.

Anything more you want to know, please feel free to ask or at least say "Hi".

My Best to Everyone!

Damian

Wow Damian!!! Saying all that takes GUTS! MFP is the right place to be! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    Welcome! :)

I'm glad you signed up, and now we can help keep each other on track. I definitely can use the motivation too, since I haven't exercised in over a week AND I had 2 pieces of cake so far today... ugh. :)

But I have some clothivation hanging in my closet right now, new shorts and shirts for Hawaii and Singapore, now I just need to meet my Christmas goal in order to wear them comfortably! 20 lbs by Christmas is doable, right?

Loves!