14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• hockey247
    hockey247 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This week wasn't so bad but I still gained weight. Maybe I could blame it on my slow metabolism or it being a woman's favorite time of the month but without going over my calories for more than 2 days and working out for only 3 days-- I somehow managed to gain 1.5 lbs.

So...

WEIGHT WEEK 1: 167
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 163.5
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 165
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2. No, I am blaming this failure on the above reason. However I am looking forward to losing this weight and then some.

Next week's goal back to 163.5 or dare I say 162.5
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    SW: 148

C.W.: 146.5 :)

Week 1 Goal: 147, Actual: 147 (-1.0), Challenge Not met: Had a little bit of chocolate, but I burned off the chocolate calories by exercising.
    Week 2 Goal: 146, Actual: 146.5 (-.5 ) , Challenge Met: I didn't do 50 crunches daily, but I did make up for it when I did over 200 sits up at the gym.

Week 3 Goal: 145 & to also actually complete a challenge!

I am enjoying all the different Christmas challenges :)

Good luck everyone on the challenge this week. :)

Kathleen
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Still seem to be stuck.... :-(

Christmas Challenge: 147lbs by 22nd December

Start Weight - 157.5lbs
    Week 1 - 22nd Sep - 158lbs - Chocolate Challlenge - I did it :)
    Week 2 - 29th Sep - 157.5lbs - 3 days out of 7 ..Not good!!
    Week 3 - 6th Oct - AIMING FOR 156.5lbs - Try a new exercise challenge - !!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    bikini, i am so glad you are okay! car accidents are never fun. :(

WEIGHT WEEK 1: 126.6 (-)
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 127.2 (+)
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 125.5
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2: i missed two days. doing extra sit-ups is my favorite challenge so far. :) i am excited about the new challenge of trying something new. i have been wanting to join a cycle class at my gym and this is giving me the push i need to do it. if i can't find one to fit in my schedule, i will try a new exercise dvd (a friend just bought 'insanity').

great job everyone who lost this week! keep it up!
    dawn
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    week 1: 180
    week 2: 180
    week 3: 181 - do a different exercise video each day

just a question...does our week start today or did it start yesterday
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT WEEK 1: 139
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 137.6 (0.6 over my goal, but at least it's a loss)
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 135
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2. - No. I never remember the challenge!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    WEIGHT WEEK 1: 171+> 168.6 Passed! Goal was 169.9
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 168.6 Had to lose all the water weight from a Vodka Infested wedding :indifferent: Failed
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 167.9
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2: Missed 2 Days I think but did extras others days- might have equaled out... The fiancee did comment on the better looking tummy though- and that was awesome!

I'm going to try a different P90x dvd this week. In addition this weekend I will start my "slow and steady burn" aka cardio for 45 minutes+(running, walking uphill, stairclimber on a sustainable level, etc). Goal is 3 miles/day 4 times a week for the next 4 weeks (50 miles in October).

Proud of you ladies!:wink:
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    SW: 187
    Week 1 Goal: Didn't start the challenge this week
    Week 2 Goal: 186 Actual: 185.4 (-1.6), Challenge Met: No, I missed 3 days. I forgot to do them :-(
    Week 3 Goal: 184.4

Challenge for this week: I really, really, dislike doing the plank. So I will do the plank and the two exercises that go with it everyday this week.
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh and no I blew the chocolate challenge. :sad: I have to have my coffee and the only way I like it is with hot chocolate mixed in. :drinker:

hi i have just joined here and was woundering if i could join the challenge week by week/?
    with being new to all this i am not to sure how it all works as sill as that sounds, how can i find out what each new challenge is??

also the exercise one how long do we do the exercise for??
    thank you emmaxx
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So weeks 2 challenge I completed! I did some crunches with my usual exercise rountine and I added others.

STARTING WEIGHT:
    147 LBS

WEEK 1: 143.2 LBS
    WEEK 2: 142.2 LBS.

GOAL FOR WEEK 3: 141 LBS.

Trying something new in exercise....ummm...not sure what I will do for this, but I will try to think of something!

Have a great week everyone! I have to say, I am feeling better lately, still having tough days though!
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Firstly, bikinimission, I hope you are doing okay and feeling better after your car accident. *hugs*

WEIGHT WEEK 1: 134.2
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 133.2 (Yay, I'm happy for 1 pound since I am at my last 10 and its so hard to get the scale to move!)
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 132.2
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2.
    I was sick all week with a fever and strep throat, so I just started doing the 50 situps a few days ago. I will continue doing 50 situps until I reach my goal since I love it, and its quick and easy! I eventually want to get up to 100 crunches a day and that is my goal for next week as well!

For this weeks challenge, I actually found my old Bodies in Motion DVD yesterday while I was doing my crunches, so I will do that every day for a week, in addition to my 45 mins of cardio a day.

I havent yet seen 132 since I gained this weight so here hoping that my efforts this week and rewarded next weigh in!
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh bikinimission I'm happy to hear that you are ok....I wasnt' after reading your post on here earlier...

I decided what I"m going to do for this weeks challenge: I'm going to go to my gyms class: BodyCombat, this Saturday morning...I have been wanting to go the past Monday evenings but havent made it yet, so now I have a real reason to try it out!

Great challenge this week!
    I"m also going to keep doing my 50 situps each week!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just checking in now...

My week 2 went horribly wrong i'm afraid :cry: I've stayed the same weight, and was unable to do my sit ups due to back problems... turns out I've dislodged a vertebrae and damaged the ligaments :ohwell:
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    yesterday i did BRAVO'S workout abs section
    today i will do jillian michaels kick box
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Hello! Love the enthusiasm again for this weeks challenge! I missed bodypump last night as I was too late getting out of work so I'm hoping to go tomorrow.

Just to clarify, the challenges run from each Wednesday to the following Tuesday night. The new challenges are posted on Tuesday ready for the Wednesday start!!

emkam11 you can do any exercise you like for as long as you like, you can do it once or every day - the point is just to give something that you wouldnt usually do a go :)

lesley1981 so sorry to hear about your back, hope you're not too sore and that you're taking things easy.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This weeks challenge came at just the right time.
    Tonight I am starting a Belly Dancing class !! So excited!!
    Good luck everyone with your new challenge
  • rhondac580
    Options
    I like: being with family and friends
    I don't like: squash
    Current typical or usual exercise: elliptical
    Current Starting Weight: 175 lbs
    Aim for next week: 173 lbs
    Personal 14 week Goal: 150 lbs
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    couldn't do the kickbox today....i've walked 2 hours and 45 mins SO FAR...the day is not over yet.....i dont have 60 mins of time to do kickbox because i work this evening...so i'm resting...lol..i'll do it tomorrow
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hellloooooooo everyone! :drinker: It Friday! :drinker:

So what are we all doing as our "different exercise" this week!? I'm thinking of doing the following:-

Body Pump
    Body Combat
    Body ATTACK (scary!)
    The Rowing challenge
    Pilates

I'm going to get in the gym over the weekend and next Monday and Tuesday and give a couple of these a go!

Hope you're all doing well!

Have a great weekend! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my new beautiful scales arrived today!
    they calculate fat %, muscle % water % and weight and have a USB stick so you get a graph on your pc!
    weighing myself tomorrow so wish me luck and hope i havent put on freshers lbs!

This week I'm going to go to the gym as much as i can, technically i've been doing alot of dancing this week which i don't normally do, but i don't think that counts haha!
    hope everyone has a nice weekend xxx