17 ways to eat your tinned tuna.

Options

Replies

• matthewsism
    Options
    Not trying to preach but just putting it out there as something to consider...

(ENDANGERED SPECIES) – More than half of the eight tuna species are endangered, three of them threatened with global extinction and two more close behind. High commercial value has lead to the overfishing of tuna, which will inevitably kill off the entire tuna population if nothing is done to stop it.

if you want sources just search for it you will find plenty of info.

But like I said your life your decisions.

There is a lot of illegal tuna fishing going on, I dated a tuna fisherman for a while, driftnet fishing is illegal but it's being done and companies like starkist, chicken of the sea, bumblebee all buy tuna from the illegal driftnet fishers because it is so much cheaper. If you want to support sustainable fishing then look on the cans, it will tell you if it's sustainable. It's going to be more expensive but when you realize what the illegal driftnet fishing is doing to the sea, not only to tuna, so many other types of fish and creatures get caught in those nets and they are dead and thrown overboard because tuna fishers only get paid for tuna. It is an incredible waste. And it's heartbreaking. Our oceans are not invincible.

All that said, for pasta I like to get fresh chopped garlic and chillies going in a bit of olive oil and add tuna and fresh tomatoes. Spicy, delicious, and back in my drinking days a great hangover dish.

The best way to buy Tuna and to know that they are not bought from these Driftnet users or illegal then buy t from the top companys like John west Tuna or Princes Tuna etc these will not buy it illegal

Thanks for you comment :smile:

Feel free to add me :drinker: :bigsmile: :smokin:

If the tuna is line caught legally the can will say sustainable. I appreciate that you get driftnet fishing is wrong. It would have been nice if you had expressed that instead of insisting that you would eat tuna till its extinction as in the other comment. It isn't funny you know, dating that angry fisherman was no treat I can tell you and it was bashed into my head what is happening in the waters that we have no idea of. I had to give him the flick he was so obnoxious in his anger, plus he admitted that he dumped his fishing boat oil in the sea when he was changing it and I really cannot abide that kind of hypocrisy.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is a really great post, thanks
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just sorted me out for lunch! Thanks :)
  • sjb2055
    Options
    Sounds good, will be trying these out!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I already do a couple of these. I love trying new things!
  • lanouette
    lanouette Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I eat a lot of Tuna
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks but I'll just take my canned tuna, with a slice of cheese, some honey mustard and bread...simple and satisfying.
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks, nice post. I also like the ideal of Ramen noodles topped with tuna. Instead of the season pack which has all the calories, use tuna. great ideal.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    ab fab<3

*literally;)
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    bump
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Nice post. I'm gonna throw a few of these together
  • amyelnash
    amyelnash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    nice little mix up here, at the moment, im eating turkey steaks, smuthered in garlic, ginger and chilli. on a bed of spinach and tomatoes.

which is delicious, but some of these have got my taste buds going!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Please stop thanking the poster for these delicious ideas.

The correct way to post would have been:

Hey, guys, look at all these great ideas I found on Men's Health!

They sure have some awesome articles!

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/healthy-recipes/17-ways-with-tinned-tuna

Copy and paste hero. Unless you are the original author, which I would be happy to see acknowledged.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas!
  • OliverJackDavies
    Options
    Bump! I could have built a tin shed with all the damn Tuna tins i go thu ;)

Thanks.

Should cut down a bit, Not to sound like a professional but for some friendly advice it can house quite a lot of mercury. Give it a read before eating too much, My old diet was based upon tuna before I read about it, now i've moved to the IIFYM diet.

Source of many:

http://knowitallhealth.com/2009/01/12/mercury-rising-are-you-eating-too-much-tuna/
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Please stop thanking the poster for these delicious ideas.

The correct way to post would have been:

Hey, guys, look at all these great ideas I found on Men's Health!

They sure have some awesome articles!

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/healthy-recipes/17-ways-with-tinned-tuna

Copy and paste hero. Unless you are the original author, which I would be happy to see acknowledged.

My thoughts precisely! Epic! :-)
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Some of these things look really amazing. I love tuna, but will usually just have it on the side of a jacket potato. Thank you very much, I have a lot more to work with now!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bumping for future use :happy:

Andy
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    spanish(y) tuna salad for 2
    1 tin tuna drained
    1 cup six bean mix drained
    4tbsp salsa~ how ever hot or mild you like
    served over 1 cup baby spinach each

yummy and protein packed lunch 265 cals per serving (yields 2) and 29 grs of protein
This discussion has been closed.