Running/jogging android apps

Options
Hi all,
Can some one advise me on the best app for running/jogging that's pretty easy to set up and retrieve the data from it.
I've taken the time to get my pace right over the last few weeks (using HR monitor) and want to get a bit deeper into it... many thanks to those that comment....:smile:

Replies

• ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    runtastic
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I use digifit cardio
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Runtastic here too. Try a few out, find one that suits your needs best. Pretty much all of them are free or have free versions.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I like digifit as well. I couple of the girls at work have the NIke+ app, and they bought the little gadget that you attach to your shoe, around $30 I think, and they say its very accurate.

I also have a fitbit,which I really like.
  • nictheman
    nictheman Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been using CardioTrainer for a while, but it's a bit limited in features (and the "full" version) costs around $20. Try a few free ones and see what features you like. I know for certain that CardioTrainer works with a HR monitor.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I use Runtastic as well, tried a few others, also will cover other sports/activities.

Andy
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Map My Run
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few and always come back to CardioTrainer. But check the MFP apps list if you want a compatible which will directly upload your workout.
  • rolyh
    rolyh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sportypal
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Nike Plus :) love it!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Runtastic, runkeeper, edomondo all give me inaccurate distances on my droid. So I use map my run, closest to reality and usually matches with my sis who uses nike+.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper

I use (and love) runkeeper too!
  • Khamara_01
    Khamara_01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love run keeper! and it syncs with MFP!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I use Mapmyrun. It has'n't failed me. Tried Nike, but it stopped several times on my Droid and gave inaccurate distances. I did download runtastic and runkeeper, but maymyrun works so well, i haven't had a need to try them.
  • Travelthatfitz
    Options
    Edmondondo is amazing. Been using it for a year now.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun. Cardio trainer was crazy....kept giving me extra distance. But mapmyrun is good and you can log in on line and see you splits. Pretty good stuff.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I've had distance issues with my tracks, runtastic, runkeeper (plus it turns off), edmonodo however it's spelled. Starting to think it's my GPS signal that's the problem. :brokenheart:
  • sportmir
    sportmir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Despite a few GPS-problems (I live on the border of a country) I use runtastic. After every run it synchronizes with myfitnesspal automatically.