5'8 or 5'9 Girls - What size pants do you wear?

Options
Just wondering what sizes other people my height are generally wearing??

Please also write what country sizing it is (ie Aus, UK or US)

C'mon ladies! Flaunt that sexy butt size! :P

Replies

• caraliming
    Options
    US 9-11 :[ I used to be a 7, my goal is 5.
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    haha, i guess everyone else isnt as tall as us :P
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    US 8-10 (I'm 5'9)
  • runlilyrun
    Options
    UK 14-16. (At the moment)
    That's a 31ish inch waist and 43ish inch hips. (curvy I know)
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5"
    I'm sitting at my desk in jeans: a UK 16 is a little bit big in the waist, but OK in the hips and bum, and I can get a UK 14 on but can't zip them up properly!
    I would be delighted to be a well-fitting UK 14, and I suppose a 12 isn't outside the realms of possibility!
    (I'm not exactly sure what size I was when I started getting healthy back in Jan, as I wore stretchy and elasticated everything, but I doubt I would have fitted into size 20 jeans).
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I just got into a size 10 :) Would be similar to US sizing (I'm Canadian).
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 8.5 inches
    I am currently wearing a 16(UK)
    my measurements are Bust - 109 cm, waist - 84 cm, Hips 111cm
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Hi I'm now a UK size 12, I guess it's a US size 8:tongue:

5ft 9 inches
  • mandypie92
    mandypie92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'8 and 5'9-- it REALLY depends on the brand of jeans what size I am. I guess usually a size 6 (U.S.) but I would say it can range between 4 and 8 for me.
  • CarolineB75
    CarolineB75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8". Wearing AUsize8 (US4, UK6). Probably as small as I will go (actually getting bigger through weight training).

Vital stats: 8F - 28 - 37

Used to wear UK20 (AU22, US18) - total loss 45kg.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    uk 16.. thats a 34 inch waist 44 hips, but i have no *kitten*, and all boobs.. i have to lean back walking down hill to ballance out the weight a bit lol :P
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I wear a US size 14, most tops are size L;
    I have a few 12's and a few 16's that also fit. It depends on the brand of clothes.
    I'm 5'8.5" with about 20 pounds yet to lose.
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently around 69 kg (152 pounds), and I have pants in size 8, 10, 11 and 12 (Australian sizing) - it depends on the store and the cut. About a month ago I bought a pair of jeans in a size 8 from one shop, and on the same day I also bought a pair of pedal-pushers from another shop in a size 14! Craziness!
  • torymichaels
    Options
    I'm in a size 20 (US) right now (though I can officially zip up size 18's...I just can't breathe after I do). Yeah, big, I know, but when I started on MFP, I was in a 24! :)

5'9"
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and bought a pair of size 10 jeans from Next (UK) last week, and they fit perfectly well. In some other stores I have to go up to a 12.

I'm hoping to manage to tone and get down to an 8, but it's absolutely not the end of the world if I don't.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am in my 8 tall curvy fit jeans from Talbots...finally....started with a tight 12 :)
  • Rachelphobia
    Options
    Currently wear a size 20 with a 35 inch waist and 50 inch hips...they are loose around my thighs and I could probably go down a size but i dont want anything tight to show off this dreaded "pouch"

5 years ago I was a 12/14. That would be nice.

**fixed typo
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8". Wearing AUsize8 (US4, UK6). Probably as small as I will go (actually getting bigger through weight training).

Vital stats: 8F - 28 - 37

Used to wear UK20 (AU22, US18) - total loss 45kg.

holy cow incredible - i used to be pants size 22 (au), down to a 16 now, heck i could only dream of being an 8-id be more than happy with size 12 pants i think...i have massive hips and bootay (my top half much more slender). Nice work 45kgs is insane!
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", prob 8-10(US), been a 5/6 majority of my life, would like to get back to that! ????
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    5ft 8. The past couple of years I've worn a 29 (size UK 10-12). Difference is - now they actually fit. Less than six months ago they cut off my circulation and left deep red weals across my torso. Ain't denial great?

I have a new pair of size 27 (UK 8) pair of jeans I can get into, which gladdens my heart. Boyfriend style though - meant to be worn baggy. They're not on me. I'm kidding myself I'm an 8 - but at least I know I'm kidding myself. :-)