Snacks for VERY picky eater

Options
I am big on textures, cant stand them, almost to the point that I feel I could get sick. So I dont like most veggies (raw carrots and lettuce are ok) and dont like any fruits other than apples. Here are somethings I already know about...
popcorn
apple
carrots
string cheese
hard boiled egg

But I need other ideas. I find myself getting so hungry in between meals that I end up reaching for the unhealthy stuff. Any ideas would be great.
Thanks!

Replies

• wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What about...

Nuts - walnuts, almonds, etc.
    Hummus and crackers (or with your carrots!)
    Sliced turkey with laughing cow swiss cheese
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars (they have several types but the 140 cal option is too much fiber for me!)
    Nature Vally Honey and Oats bar
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    I'm just going to list off a bunch of stuff. Not sure if you'll find anything you like, but it's what I eat.

Saltine crackers with sharp cheddar
    Wheat pita with hummus
    TLC 7 grain crackers with hummus
    TLC Cheese Crackers
    Baked Tortilla Chips & Salsa
    Celery & peanutbutter or cream cheese
    Dried fruit/nuts
    Oatmeal
    Cereal

These are just some things I find I like to snack on. Hope something works for you :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    avocado (fruit - but good fat)
    almonds (good fat)
    greek yogurt
    cottage cheese (texture is weird, I used to hate it but love it now!)
    Wasa crispbread (+taboule/pb/laughing cow cheese)
    laughing cow cheese

I'm totally a fruit/veggie person though :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If your getting hungry your not eating enough. Combin a fruit with the cheese or nuts with the fruit. Eat at least 200 calories for your snacks. Protien and complex carbs nothing out of a box or with added sugar or artifical sweenters
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    I am right there with ya!!! I think it is sad that I am 28 yrs. old and I eat like a 5yr. old.!!! :ohwell:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    How big are your meals? Try increasing them by 100-200 calories? Then your little snacks might hold you over better! I eat a lot of peanut butter and apples. So delicious! Quite a few calories though.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What about a dried fruit and nut trail mix? Some cottage cheese? Maybe try some "Nut Thins"?
  • crimsonrambler
    crimsonrambler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell you how much I understand your pain.

I'm 32. And I am constantly made fun of for my diet because there are so many things I won't eat. I absolutely understand about the texture thing. And as an added plus, I have a real problem with tastes as well. I don't like things that are bitter or anything creamy that is sour.

How many diet/weight loss things tell you that some of the best things to eat are:
    Yogurt/Cottage Cheese
    Nuts
    Beans/Lentils
    Lettuce/Spinach/Cabbage/Celery

Yeah, I don't eat any of those. At.All. The closest I get to nuts is that I can tolerate creamy peanut butter, but only in very small amounts (ie. less than a tablespoon) and it has to be accompanied by jelly or chocolate. And the only beans I will eat are green beans if you add some kind of flavor to them like vinegar.
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this will help. Now, I'm not sure if the same items are offered in the U.S. I know we have sooo many similar
    items, but some only we have here in Canada, or only you have there. But here goes some ideas to help you out anyway :)

Crispy mini's ( I swear by these ) Instead of chips, I prefer these now 100% many flavours AND whole grains :)
    Smart food ( can be purchased in cases of 100 calorie bags )
    Sun chips ( 100 calorie bags) Also whole grains
    Kashi bars ( the best to me are dark chocolate / coconut .. or pumpkin pie- YUM )
    Kozy Shack no sugar added chocolate or rice pudding .. ( yeah, I was really shocked to love these ) no sugar, WHAT ? haha
    popcorn ( 100 calorie bags ) or fill up a sandwich size ziploc baggy .. that's 100 calories worth
    Celery and light cheese whiz
    Cereal .. I eat special k 5 grains or guardian .. crush some almonds .. add some raisins, yum
    Cheese strings part skimmed ... a few whole grain premium plus crackers .. good stuff
    Hummus & veggies all the way ... if you like you can added some cumin spice to your hummus to give it an Indian style edge
    ( SOOO good )
    I highly recommend getting a sandwich machine, it's a life saver .. you can make grilled cheese NO FAT because you do not need butter to get it crunchy and such ... ( 2 slices, fat free cheese slice and you're rockin' ) Also, I made pita pizza's this way
    AND quesadilla's :) seriously, get one, fun for everyone, the possibilities are endless with those :)
    Imagine ... 2 small tortilla's, a tbsp of pasta sauce, chopped up onions, green/red pepper, mushrooms, grated cheese string , microwaved till crunchy chicken bacon ... put in all the to tortilla and into the sandwich machine, I swear you'll be HAPPPPPY and soooo satisfied and I am pretty sure that is ( depending on the tortilla's you buy and sauce ) but that little so naughty feeling treat but OH SO GOOD treat / dinner .. is around 300 / 380 calories :)

Anyway, I'm getting carried away here hahaha
    Hope SOMEthing helps :)

Good luck with you goal :)