Replies

• hadiyajade
    hadiyajade Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 feel free to add me
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm a 45er, feel free to add me. I'm happy to help and be supportive. Good luck in your journey!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    40 in Feb..........feel free to add me!!:flowerforyou:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I'm 41 :smile:
  • tutterball
    Options
    Add me if you like. Will be 40 in January. When I started using mfp in may I realized I was only eating around 1200 calories a day. Started leaning up when I upped my calories . That said, I'm on my feet all day cooking for work.
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, feel free to add me. I am also a couch potato, but did really well with exercise until my sons wedding was over, (that was my motivation). Now I am starting to struggle with staying within my calories and getting my butt outta the chair!!! Some friends to be accountable to might help! :D

I would also advise eating a bit more. Or at least eating back the exercise calories. When I first started this in Jan. I was eating under 1000 a day and wondering why I wasn't losing anything, or hardly anything. When I upped my calories to 1300 and a bit more, then the weight came off a lot more steadily. Usually just a pound a week which seems sooo slow, but acceptable.
  • urbanbabydoc
    urbanbabydoc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and within 20 lbs of my goal. Feel free to add me. I log in EVERY day and check in often. By looking at all the responses to your post looks like a 40s group would be in order. What do you think? That way we can all hook up!
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I am crawling up the late side of those 40s at 47 *sigh* . I am up for some new friends, so everyone feel free to add me. I am on here every day!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    48 here...you can add me.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Is there a group for this yet?

There is a group for 40 - 50 year olds:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/13060-40-to-50-year-olds
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    41 yo n struggling with weight fluctuations. I need to get serious as holidays are just around the corner..
  • michelles517
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but start your calorie intake higher and then taper off. If you try to go from 2200 calories to 1200 that is too restrictive. I tried that and failed miserably. Now I decrease my calories about every 4 months. Down to 1600 and still going.
  • Anita4life
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well. I am 40 and this is the age where I win the war with my body, food, and exercise. I am tired of living this way so I am here to stay. Even on bad days!!!
  • Changeher2
    Options
    Hey you are not in this alone. I will be your friend
    :flowerforyou:
  • magalenea
    magalenea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're not alone , I'm fighting with you .I would love to be you friend in this.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHA! I turn 50 in November... you'd just have to dump me in a couple of months.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    yup i know how you feel - 41 years old; 4' 11-3/4" the weight just does not come off like it used to. feel free to add me.
  • maj32
    maj32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 47 trying to loose weight for my Wedding this month. Ugh lets be honest I have tried to lose weight for a whole year and I am yoyoing can't seem to get below 150 so now I have reduced my eating to only vegitarian to see it that helps staying away from processed foods. Drinking lots and mean lots of water. Taking dance lessons so we practice every night for 45mins and go on walks. Wish me luck..... Hope you all are doing well this week
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too - 49 active and finding this weight a lot harder to get off than it used to be. I believe in feeding my body and eat but I don't believe that following the 1200 and eating back exercise calories when you work out will be detrimental to losing - in fact, I think as we get older its harder to lose eating more unless you have a great metabolism and do a good workout program including lifting and pylometrics. So I'm starting with the MFP recommendations, and will be upping those calories as I get back to a comfortable weight and more active.
  • laurah3131
    laurah3131 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and I totally get your struggles. :-)