Anyone left that started this as a New Years Resolution

Options

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I re-started again December 26, so the day after Christmas and I am still here. Last year when I tried I had quite by June, so I would say I am in for the long haul this time. Weight loss is harder and slower this time, but I am not giving up.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Started as a resolution almost 2 years ago. Still here and last year started a gym membership and still going twice a week and trying for more.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Started as a new year's resolution last year. I'm down 90 lbs, at a healthy body fat, and working on building back some of the muscle I lost. Going strong and no intention to slow down.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It was my 2012 New Years Resolution.
  • GrandmaPeridow
    GrandmaPeridow Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for a few years. I would lose a little then gain it back over the holidays. Early in January at 160lbs. (I am 4'9" tall). I resolved to take the weight off and keep it off. I am still here at 144. In a challenge group and hope to be at 135 by Halloween.
    I plan to continue loosing to 120 and maintaining there.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Yep...me too! People say that New Year's Resolutions don't work, but I'm still hangin' in there. I also quit smoking almost 7 years ago on a resolution and haven't smoked since. So I'm a believer in making resolutions! Just gotta put your mind to what it is that you're trying to accomplish! :)

People don't say they don't work. They statistically have a high failure rate.
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah, though I didn't actually start until March :)

Good job, and stay with it!!

This!
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It started as my New Years resolution, but I fell of the wagon so many times that I can't exactly say I stuck with it. I'm at day 30 now, but even in those 30 days, there are some days I didn't log everything.

Congrats to you for sticking with it! I hope you took lots of before, during, and after pictures so you can see how far you've come in just 8.25 months! :-)
  • JodiCN54
    JodiCN54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started MyFitnessPal on 1/19/13 with my eye on my daughter's upcoming wedding on 7/5/13. I had bought my Mother-of-the-Bride dress two sizes smaller and knew that I had to really be diligent. And I did it!! I fit into the dress and I felt so wonderful at her wedding. I feel happy when I look at the pictures of us on her special day. I feel like I accomplished something; but I also know I need to lose another 52 pounds to finally have a normal BMI. I am still considered obese and for health reasons I just want to be normal. Since her wedding I watched myself start to become lax with tracking my calories. The scale started to inch up and now 10 pounds more then where I was 2 months ago I finally have said "Enough Jodi! You will not do this again!!! You will not inch your way back up, you will stop now and you will track every morsel!!" So I am looking to stay motivated, to be accountable. You see having that size 14 dress to get into was what kept me on the straight and narrow. I need to have a goal and be driven. In 6 weeks I am flying out to Charleston for my Godson's wedding. I bought another dress that fits, but tightly, so my goal will be to lose 12 pounds for his wedding. I hope this makes me accountable and keeps me on the straight and naorrow again. Perhaps just checking in with the MFP community will also keep me motivated!
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah started out kind of tough!!! But have kept on it!! Been through lot of medical problems this year, but still have kept logging and tracking as best I can and have gone up and down past my goal weights, but tend to be able to burn it off because of this site!!!
  • ICanHasCupcake
    Options
    MEMEMEME! I am definitely one of the 'resolutionists' that started within the first week of January! I'm still hanging in there as well! It looks like the OP's actual weight loss and weight goals are quite similar to mine. :) LET'S FINISH 2013 STRONG! ;)
  • kelseymaccombs
    kelseymaccombs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep! Looks like I'll be continuing into next year, too.
    Almost 40 pounds down, maybe 25 more to go.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me! Well, I wouldn't really say it was a "resolution" as much as I don't want to go another year being miserable. 41 pounds down since January 5th. At a really frustrating plateau and am only halfway but I refuse to give up...
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Me! My resolution was to lose 15 lbs. Then I started loving this whole fitness thing and couldn't stop :p
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I started January 11th... I am a slow starter, but yes I am still totally with it!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving resolution. Still going strong, coming up on a year.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yep...me too! People say that New Year's Resolutions don't work, but I'm still hangin' in there. I also quit smoking almost 7 years ago on a resolution and haven't smoked since. So I'm a believer in making resolutions! Just gotta put your mind to what it is that you're trying to accomplish! :)

People don't say they don't work. They statistically have a high failure rate.

Yeah, my wife said that.

I don't like her to be right. So it's additional motivation. :bigsmile:

I do resolutions every year and with some exceptions (most notably my extreme inability to go to bed on time) I tend to keep them.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Officially, it was a few days (less than a week) earlier right after my 54th birthday, but I didn't really get serious about it until after New Year's. My user name is 55in13 because I planned to lose 55 pounds in '13 (which I have done :bigsmile: ) and because I turn 55 in '13 (which I still hope to do :happy: ). It took me until the end of July to lose the weight. I have been keeping it off fine so far. I did the C25K starting in January, ran a 5K in April and I am planning to do a half marathon next month. My longest training run is 12 miles, so I think I will make it. I ran over 300 miles from memorial Day through Labor Day. At the beginning of the year, my exercise was two and a half flights of stairs at my office and it left me winded.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It wasn't exactly a New Year's Resolution and it was a very slow start (didn't sign up for MFP until January 8th and had a pretty bumpy start food-wise) but I'm still here and making progress!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, I started 2 weeks after, so it probably doesn't really count... I was nowhere ready to make the change for the new year!