sauce you marinate in?

KendalBeee
KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
How do you count the sauce that you marinate meat in? Its not like it ALL soaks into the meat (in my case, chicken). Do you just over compensate it and count all the calories of the sauce/dressing you poured even though you don't consume all of it?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I dont :smile:
  • i like "exaggerating" almost instead of underestimating. that way if i go a little over at the end of the day i don't feel bad. it's better in my opinion then wondering what you chose not to count and how that may have added up afterall...
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    i would think its such a minute amount that it doesnt count :)
  • I dont because the amount eaten is almost imperceptible, or trace amounts. For the sticklers, Im sure they count every little
    thing, I just figure to add a few calories to my overall meal.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    I had this same question for myself today. I'm counting a portion of it. Right now I'm marinating 2chicken breasts in 3 tblsp of marinade. I'm only counting 2 of the tablespoons tho... which still even probably too much :)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I don't enter it. Unless it's high calorie...then I enter a portion of it..Otherwise I don't count it at all. I alway leave 100-200 calories at the end of the day for errors like that.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    I count it. I'd rather have overestimated that underestimated.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    I don't. Most of it goes down the drain anyway that I think the traces that get into one serving are minute.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    thanks everyone!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    well i do i take the amount and divide it by the number of servings. I'd rather overestimate my calories than under and think im doing great when in reality im just fooling myself.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    It also depends on what is in the marinade. If it's just lemon juice or vinegar or seasonings or something else that has little calories there would no reason to count it. When I am making my own marinade from a recipe I only use a fraction of the oil specified, that way I don't have to count it and I never even miss it. (Unless it's a flavored oil like sesame, then you'll still need a dash for flavor!)
This discussion has been closed.