Need Tones of Help

Options
Hi, I will be 45 years old this month. My weight today is 215 and I set a goal to lose about 50 pounds. I have started downloading my food intake for about 2 days now. Today I made myself walk on the treadmill at work while my boss wasn't in the office and this evening I just got done walking for about 15 min. and bike ride for about 15 min. I would love any other ideas. I am a stress and bored eater. Please help me with any ideas. And Please I welcome friends that can motivate me on my new journey. Thank you and you all have a great evening/day.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You have made a start, and that is amazing. Track your calories and exercise and you will soon find that it requires commitment and patience, but it's not that difficult. Take a browse around the forums - there is a wealth of good information here.

You can do it.
  • AKAudie
    AKAudie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you are on a great start. I started out at the same weight. I al also a stressful eater and bored eater. What helped me get through those hard times when I have cravings is to always have emergency food at hand when I thought my craving may get out of control. If I felt hungry I drank a bottle of water, If I still felt hungry I ate some fruit. By this time most of the time my craving went away and I knew it was only my mind playing tricks on me. If the fruit and water failed I chewed a half stick of gum if it was not time for a meal just to hold me over.
  • PennyPD
    PennyPD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new in the past week. Great going tho, at least you are being active and trying something new. My exercising is yet to come, I believe my treadmill is suppose to arrive tomorrow, This is the first time I have kept an accurate food diary EVER. Would love to have someone to keep each other going, Im a bit heavier than you, but NEED and WNAT to do something about itl

Good luck to you an dkeep up the good work
  • obbycake
    obbycake Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a bored/emotional eater.. I think the best advice that I can give regarding that habit is something that I follow myself: make sure you eat three meals and only three meals. Try not to snack and eat at the same time every day. Do not eat at your desk at work, do not eat in front of the TV, use the same bowl/plate every day, use a measuring cup/spoon and make sure that you track everything.

By avoiding eating at your desk/TV, you won't just eat and eat and eat.. while you're distracting yourself by doing something else. By using the same bowl and measuring every meal, you'll have a better idea of how much you're actually eating. You should also use MFP to track what you are eating.

Start with small goals. Half a pound is a good start. I had to buy a scale that gave me a very accurate idea of how much I was losing (it measures by tenths of a pound). The scale also provides me with information about my BMI, fat %, water % and weight. I am very numbers driven - if you are too, I highly recommend it! I use MFP, a scale and a Fitbit Zip to track my exercise, eating and my weight.

Good luck! You can do it! You are off to a great start; feel free to add me to MFP.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    :Thank you all for all the good advise and support.
    smile:
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • kikigigi1234
    kikigigi1234 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you are making a great start...I have loads of weight to lose I thought it would never be possible but reading all the posts i feel I can do it x