Will my exercise routing pay off?

Options
I am 28. My start weight as of Sep. 14th was 174. My height is 5'7. I now weigh 166. My goal is to weigh not more than 155 by Oct 14th. I started off walking/jogging 1 mile and doing 20 min. of video exercise 6 days a week. I am now jogging/running 2 miles, casually biking 1 mile, and 20 min. of video exercise 5-6 days a week. I intake 900 to 1500 calories a day. Is this a good exercise routine? Just how much does running benefit me?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You need to find what your calorie intake is a day and stick closely to that. Plus make good food choice. 80 % will be your food and 20% your working out. Be consitant with exercise and food
  • doodlbug
    doodlbug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are making good progress, but I really don't think 155 (11lb loss) in 14-ish days is a achiveable goal. You should make your goals a little more realistic, sticking to about 1-2 lbs a week.
    However, it does look like you have a good exercise program in place, with a lot of various types of exercising. You may want to consider adding in strength training at some point as well.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was walking 2 miles a day. and decided to step it up a notch, and now I try and jog 1 mile and walk 1 mile. Not straight thru. I can't handle jogging that long yet. but I will walk, jog, walk jog. you get the drift. and I noticed I lost 2lbs in 1 week, vs 1lb when walking. so jogging helped me burn a few more calories.