Do you believe in workout seasons?

Options
When I mean workout seasons, I mean that there are times during the year where we are able to put in a lot of energy in our workouts, and then times of rest? Do you think that these phases exist or just all in my head?
I feel like i'm in my winter stages right now. I've been trying to stay consistent with Insanity the past couple of weeks but I just find no energy for it, my drive isn't the same as it was last summer, where I was able to follow the Insanity schedule pretty much spot on for the whole first month.

This time however I struggle and can only maybe muster up to do twice a week?

** I realized I should have posted this in the motivation and support thread
to the moderators- sorry!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sort of, but in a different way, no matter what I try to do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day, 7 days a week,
    but in the winter, I focus on winter sports, since where I am ,,, it is like minus 30 and snow snow snow,
    so I snowshoe etc, when it snows,,, in the summer, more stand up paddle, surf, etc....
    I think everyone feels different energy each day,
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If you been on the site for 2 years why post today? No friends, nothing?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I believe weather conditions can affect moods, and I believe it's football season.

There are a lot of potential reasons for lacking motivation/energy. Getting bored with a program is one of those. I have not personally experienced seasonal workout syndrome. My guess is hitting the gym or changing the routine will help overcome the issue. Good luck :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yeah i get real grouchy when the snow and cold weather comes. i love the hoildays but i'm not a winter fan
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Possibly yes, Chronobiology is a thing.
  • Traptack
    Options
    If you been on the site for 2 years why post today? No friends, nothing?

I think I created an account to just use for the calorie tracking thing, then of course I forgot that I made a account here, till today of course.
    I believe weather conditions can affect moods, and I believe it's football season.

There are a lot of potential reasons for lacking motivation/energy. Getting bored with a program is one of those. I have not personally experienced seasonal workout syndrome. My guess is hitting the gym or changing the routine will help overcome the issue. Good luck :)

perhaps, the gloomy the weather the less inclined I want to do workouts, and the hotter it is outside the less I wanna move, I'm beginning to sound like Goldilocks

I'm trying Insanity, and while i'm fammilar with it already, I always have a feeling of dread before getting around to doing it
  • Traptack
    Options
    Possibly yes, Chronobiology is a thing.

oh is that the term? thanks !
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My workouts aren't the same depending of the season but I don't have a rest season per se. I do find it harder to workout in the summer though than the other seasons. I need to really push myself to get it done when it's hot out.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Yes. In the wamer months I do more cardio because I want to be outside. Swimming, biking, running, kayaking hiking, or anything else you can do outside.

During the colder months is when I get in the weight room becuase it's inside, and it just seems like a good time to focus on strength training. That's not to say I won't run in the winter, but not as much.
  • Traptack
    Options
    I guess I should specify more towards whether you feel like your motivation/drive lowers/decreases at certain times of the year, if you think you notice that

:P
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh yea. I'm always at my thinnest in the winter. Some combination of cold/darkness makes me seem to exercise more and eat less. I'm always fat and feeling lazy in the summer. Can't ever seem to get a consistent workout schedule going (no matter what it is), and eating like a fatso.

Shame that my motivation/de-motivation falls the opposite of swimsuit season.