Newbie Intro

Options
Hi all,

I am 6'2" and finally had enough when I reached 260 following a two week vacation in Italy.

Started with a week cleanse of juicing, it worked BUT the sugar crushes were difficult to handle (god forbid I didn't have a juice two hours after the previous - you would have needed to mop me off the floor ;-) ) . while I continue some aspects of that diet (a lot of veggies, minimal processed foods, etc.) , I followed my gut feeling and gravitated to a more Paleo/Primal influenced head space, so while I watch the calories and carbs (100 net grams or less a day), I pay no attention to fat content, and get a lot of my caloric intake from biologic sources (meat, eggs, etc.).

So far things have been going well, I lost 18lbs in the past 5 weeks, and aiming at my wedding weight of 200lbs.

Look forward to discussing what is working for others, and what you feel about my approach.

Cheers,

Ofer

Replies

• jenniferlynn12
    Options
    welcome- this site is great for helping you keep track and friends make it so much more fun! Feel free to add me (anyone) :)
  • oferb1
    Options
    Thanks, so far I find the app is a great motivator, since I log my calories as soon as I eat, or prepare the food, always aware of where I am, how much I have left, etc.