What's for Dinner?! YUM

Options

Replies

• Templar_Cullen
    Options
    Homemade Spicy Salmon Patties with Spicy Mustard/Greek Yogurt and a Cucumber Salsa.

with a side of spinach on Whole Wheat buns, and pepperjack cheese, aw yis.
  • ssamy14
    ssamy14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. Will make it
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Turkey and spinach stuffed pasta shells and roasted zucchini!
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having Dinner #1 (I only have two dinners I alternate between.)

-Two boneless skinless chicken tenderloins spiced with Montreal Chicken seasoning, pan-fried with Pam spray
    -Leafy green salad with 6 grape tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of some lite dressing or other. Probably one of the Walden Farms no-carb dressings. I love those. Probably will use the Creamy Bacon one.

Sometimes I chop up the chicken and toss it with the salad, sometimes I eat them separately. Depends on my mood.

Total calories: just under 200
    Protein: 32g
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 6g

That's awesome! Great source of protein and low in calories! I've never used Montreal seasoning! I'm saving this so I can give it a go! Sounds tasty! Thanks :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Tonight is an "all hands for themselves" night since it's too stupid hot to do too much. I'm having 2 quarter pound lean turkey burgers with a slice of sharp cheddar and 2 slices of Steady Eddie bread and a large romaine salad with red cabbage, carrots, and a couple tablespoons of ranch.
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers made with the leanest beef I could find (7%) on a sandwich thin, onion, tomato, lc cheese and bbq sauce. Also had 1/2 cup of potato salad and 1 cup of pinto chili beans. This was a late lunch early dinner feast. Yum!!!
  • baileyaad
    Options
    Tonight I had diet coke chicken, corn, and asparagus.

If you haven't heard of diet coke chicken, believe me when I say it's an amazing alternative to BBQ sauce.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I made Smoked Gouda grits with thick cut bacon. Fresh sliced tomatoes on the side.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/smoked-gouda-grits-10000000354011/
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I made Smoked Gouda grits with thick cut bacon. Fresh sliced tomatoes on the side.

...I'll just sit here and be silently jealous. YUM
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Pork Chops

6-8 butterfly cut chops
    1 cans pineapple chunks (save juice)
    1 green bell pepper
    1 white onion chunked
    1/4 c ketchup
    1/4 c brown sugar
    1 TB vinegar

Brown chops, place in 9x13 sprayed pan. Mix ketchup, sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice together. Sautee onion, pineapple
    and green pepper. Add mixture to pan and bring to boil. Pour over chops, cover with foil, bake 11/2 hrs on 350. Serve over rice.

(The rice really kills the calories on this one, but it is so stinking good!)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Lemon Chicken Breasts (from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-chicken-breasts-recipe/index.html )

Ingredients
    1/4 cup good olive oil
    3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
    1/3 cup dry white wine
    1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
    2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
    1 lemon

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don't allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.

Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn't browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.

+ Spinach fetuccini and green peas.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Pan fried chicken tenderloins with mushrooms and onions, roasted beets, steamed beet greens. Not terribly fancy but it's going to be delicious!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Beef Stew
    Beefstewdinner.jpgSorry can't get the img code to work right.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Burgers. A regular item for me. Haven't decided on meat.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Tonight I just made sliced sirlion tips, cooked medium, with costco frozen normandy blend veggies, one diced onion, dash salt and pepper, with 3tbsp teryaki sauce and 2.5 tbsp tonkatsu sauce, and 1 tbsp soy sauce. I pan - seared the steak in butter flavored 0 cal cooking spray, and steamed the veggies, died the meat, and "stirfried" it together. About 250/serving. Also had Oreo Ice cream sandwhiches for dessert- 200/sandwhich. Yum!
    **Diced the meat*** not died LOL.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    breakfast for dinner tonight

eggs scrambled with cheese
    bacon
    cat head biscuits with cantaloupe jelly
    cantaloupe jelly???? that sounds amazing and interesting at the same time...my biscuits mostly resemble hocky pucks, once in awhile I'll get lucky, lol
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh these boht sound AMAZING!!! I am definitely going to be looking up this page on facebook; thanks for the info!!!!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    looks good
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It looks great! I'm making this dish over the weekend.

Thank you!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Sauteed sliced beef, peppers,onions and mushrooms with terryaki seasoning. Served on a bed of quinoa cooked in low sodium beef broth. And ceasar salad made with low calorie dressing.