Losing and gaining the same few pounds for a month

Options
I was at 154/5 on the 12th of august, now nearly a month later I am stuck at 155 and my weight jumps to 156-7ish but comes back down usually. I've been in a calorie deficit all month by zig-zaging a bit here and there. Is this a plateau? What should I do?

Replies

• heleine28
    Options
    Can you give more info? What are you eatting? What is your workout regime? How often are you weighing?
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump - interested in the responses for this one ;)
  • escapeartist90210
    Options
    Can you give more info? What are you eatting? What is your workout regime? How often are you weighing?

I'm busy and yes lazy so I don't actually work out but I've been steadily losing without exercise whatsoever except an occasional game with the guys every now and then. My diet isn't 100% clean eating but I don't snack on chips for example. I have hotdogs, burgers, sweets, etc in moderation.

However, I should've mentioned that in July and August, I did drop my calories to speed up weight loss but eventually that backfired so I sent them back up about two weeks ago
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    wait a minute... how tall are you?
  • heleine28
    Options
    yes how tall are you? Even if you don't workout for weight loss, you should do it for the health benefits. It may help you not dwell so much on the fluctuating weight. The positive feeling it gives is hard to beat.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Need more info.

Opening your diary would be super helpful as would knowing your height, how you record your calories (do you measure? Weight? Estimate?).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,015 Member
    Options
    I suspect it's a math problem.
  • escapeartist90210
    Options
    5'7 started at 170 and my calories were at 1700, then later on in the summer I dropped them to 1400 or less and was losing very quickly. However, I hit a wall and energy slump, I recently jumped them back up to 1700. I now come in at 154-157 depending on the day you catch me.

It's almost a month so I should probably reevaluate what I'm doing I guess, maybe I'm eating too much or something.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    - You do realize, at your age, you are still growing, right? If you eat that low, you are harming your chances of growing to your full height potential.

- Dude - I'm a short, 41 year old woman, and I eat 1700 most days (and I weight less than you)

- you need to weigh your food with a food scale to be sure you're tracking as accurately as possible.

- why are you try to lose 20 more lbs? You're already at a reasonable weight - at this point, you should concentrate more on body composition and less on the scale. You don't want to lose muscle.
  • escapeartist90210
    Options
    - You do realize, at your age, you are still growing, right? If you eat that low, you are harming your chances of growing to your full height potential.

- Dude - I'm a short, 41 year old woman, and I eat 1700 most days (and I weight less than you)

- you need to weigh your food with a food scale to be sure you're tracking as accurately as possible.

- why are you try to lose 20 more lbs? You're already at a reasonable weight - at this point, you should concentrate more on body composition and less on the scale. You don't want to lose muscle.

I guess you're right but I'll stick to 1700 cals and give it another couple weeks maybe I'll drop a couple pounds. By the way, I was looking to get to 140-145 before I started bulking up.