Lost 100lbs but gained lots of it back!

Options
I lost over 100lbs on weight watchers 4 years ago, I went from 303 pounds down to 170 pounds so although I didn't make it to my goal weight I felt like a totally new woman, I was at the gym every day doing classes, tracking every morsel I ate, and for my 40th birthday had a huge party and lots of family members didn't recognise me, it was like a movie! I even joined a local rock band as a singer and have been gigging ever since.

Unfortunately things started to slip and over the last 3 years I am back up to 231 pounds. I am so disgusted with myself and all my new clothes no longer fit and I'm seeing all my bad habits come back and getting tired again plus lethargic, exercise is difficult again and I've given up my classes.

So I've found this site, I can't face going back to weight watchers, I stopped counting points a long time ago and I really want to try something new and think I will give MFP a go. I have a personal trainer and she recommended it to me. I started yesterday and I really want this to work. As a lead singer, people take a lot of photo's of me and when I get tagged on them, I actually want to cry, I spend a lot of time untagging myself! I need to get my stage confidence back and know I look good instead of the lump that I feel I look.

Woops sorry I've gone on way too long, anyway Hello!

Replies

• posherspice
    posherspice Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you're still 70lbs slimmer than you used to be - congratulate yourself you haven't put it all back, so you have obviously gained some good habits and stayed healthier than you were. Plus of course you know you can do it now! MFP is really helpful, but don't forget to take advantage of any other help you can get, eg from your doctor. Good luck and keep us informed.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome! We'll all do this together and support each other.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place! Tons of support here and the tools and different challenges are great to get you back on track. You've lost the weight before and you know you can do it again. I've done weight watchers and my husband (he's lost 15lbs thus far) is doing WW now. I find MFP to be easier to track everything and its FREE.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. I know you can do it...you did it before! :flowerforyou:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    YOU ARE HERE.

That is reason to celebrate! A success! Let MFP help determine your calorie goal and do your best to hit it! Don't forget to move and log that too!

Collect lots of buddies for tons of support! :drinker:

Bravo for pulling yourself up by the bootstraps and moving forward!
  • kstone1976
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I too have lost weight and gained it back so many times. I am back on the workout wagon and going to keep it off this time. Just get back on the wagon and move forward. Remember the hardest part is the first few weeks then after that you will see results and get all the motivation back that you lost... :smile:
  • doelani
    Options
    I lost over 100lbs on weight watchers 4 years ago, I went from 303 pounds down to 170 pounds so although I didn't make it to my goal weight I felt like a totally new woman, I was at the gym every day doing classes, tracking every morsel I ate, and for my 40th birthday had a huge party and lots of family members didn't recognise me, it was like a movie! I even joined a local rock band as a singer and have been gigging ever since.

Unfortunately things started to slip and over the last 3 years I am back up to 231 pounds. I am so disgusted with myself and all my new clothes no longer fit and I'm seeing all my bad habits come back and getting tired again plus lethargic, exercise is difficult again and I've given up my classes.

So I've found this site, I can't face going back to weight watchers, I stopped counting points a long time ago and I really want to try something new and think I will give MFP a go. I have a personal trainer and she recommended it to me. I started yesterday and I really want this to work. As a lead singer, people take a lot of photo's of me and when I get tagged on them, I actually want to cry, I spend a lot of time untagging myself! I need to get my stage confidence back and know I look good instead of the lump that I feel I look.

Woops sorry I've gone on way too long, anyway Hello!

You done it before and can do it again . I lost 84lb 5 years ago and put it back on but am goin to lose it again and so can you. :-)
  • fluffball1
    fluffball1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the welcome everyone :) One thing I should have added that is also a major motivation.. I feel kindof ashamed to admit but when I lost all that weight last time I got a tummy tuck as had severe hanging skin. The doctor also gave me muscle repair to my stomach muscles as the excess weight had ruined them. Now I have gained so much weight back I'm terrified that the trauma and cost of undergoing such surgery will have been totally wasted, I really can't believe I've let it happen!

On a positive note, so far my surgery has held up and my stomach (amazingly) is still flat but I'm getting weight elsewhere mainly hips, legs and upper abs, very unattractive. So I need to get back on the horse and get this weight off, a lot is at stake.
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't cry, smile you just made the best step possible, you're here. This site is so full of support you'll be glad you came and the weight will start to disappear again. Just be truthful and start working out again. See you thinner.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Welcome to MFP where so much of it is about lifestyle changes!!

D
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    this is an awesome site. like someone else said, you are back on the horse before putting it all back on so that is something. i am a ww lifetime member but twelve pounds away from goal. again. we can do it together just make sure to keep tracking. i havent gone back to ww because i wasnt getting anywhere. this way it is all there in black and white and i am more likely to track. have done it for one wk now and it is working. just make sure to eat healthy and keep working out
  • MrsMcNeal
    MrsMcNeal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I FEEL you. I also did weight watchers.....counted the points, worked out...gym, walked, the whole 9 yards. I actually said that I would count points for the rest of my life. I was a soooo discouraged a couple of days ago. I'd lost 119 pounds and had gained all but 26 of it back. Well I've been with myfitnesspal for a littlle over a month and is doing very well. What happened was.... I went into my closet and started to try on clothes.....Wellllll, was just disgusted at what I'd allowed to happen to myself. I then felt like just saying FORGET it. Not good!!! I realized that I have to keep a great attitude and keep going because stopping will get me no place. When I lost weight before, I kept it off for about 2 1/2 years. I am like totally ashamed for people to see me now who knew me when I had the weight off.......It's easy to have a bad attitude but better to live with a positive one. We can not live in the past, we have to put that behind us and look to an AWESOME future. As long as we still have breath in our bodies....we can still be the best that we can be. BE ENCOURAGED!!!
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Let go of the guilt it won't do anything but hold you back. I was 301 (2000) and lost to 150(2002) and now I am 225 I was even heavier before I buckled down (2004)263. Feel good that you have recognized you need to do something and get back in the gym and watching your calories. I feel so much better since I started losing again and exercising. Friend me I think we can encourage one another. I had a tummy tuck also and it really changed my figure as I gain I gained it all in my upper body I will be super glad when I can lose that . But don't beat yourself up to much your on the right track. Best wishes!