Exercise Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I usually am under, some days 200-300 calories. I wonder though...does everyone log EVERYTHING...and when i say EVERYTHING, i mean the butter you put on your bread, mayonaisse, ketchup, cream in your coffee.

I used to be a personal trainer and work with clients that would present to me their weekly food journal but some of them thought they didnt need to count their condiments. These perceivably LITTLE EXTRAS were why they were not losing weight.

Also, alot of times clients wouldnt count the ONE CANDY or tHE ONE COOKIE, or the ONE ANYTHING....everything you put in your mouth must be counted!!!

Yup! I log everything. People probably think I don't, but I don't really use sauces/condiments/etc. much anymore.

Edited to add - the only thing I don't log is things like a dash of black pepper or dried basil or spices like that. I do log spices when I put more than a shake or two, though. (Like in the smoothies I make, I add a Tbsp of cocoa powder and a tsp of cinnamon - adds about 20 calories between the two.)
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had not been eating mine or at least not many of them. Then last week I was not allowed to exercise due to having eye surgery, and I ate about the same amount of calories as usual. Low and behold I lost a pound more than my usual 1.5 lbs. What I figured out from that is that I should eat at least some of them. So this week I am trying to eat at least half of my exercise calories and want to see what my weight loss is. I'm hoping I will see great results again!!! I'll let you know how it works out! :happy:
  • runrgrrl
    runrgrrl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!! Its funny how when i was training people they wouldnt log their butter, ketchup, SALAD DRESSING...lol. As Brittney8 said...its not to impress anyone, we only cheat ourselves when we dont count everything.

I wish they made diet ketchup though cuz i love it!!!!
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything to be more accountable to myself, and I eat all my exercise calories, as my weight loss has remained consistent in my doing so...I will go about two weeks at the same weight and then drop about a pound and a half to two pounds. And psychologically, I don't want to feel deprived or as though I am on a diet and CAN"T eat them. Having that extra ounce of almonds makes a difference to me.