Mental Plateau

Options
I have not been sleeping well at all. I am too tired to excersize. I feel like my motivation is hitting a low. Don't quite know what to do. I have to get weighed on Friday, but I just feel exhausted. I am eating OK. I just feel like I am mentally plateauing. What can I do to get out of this slump?

Replies

• mommy2r
    mommy2r Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Sally, I'm new to MFP (3 days in) and I hear you about the wine!! I love it..too much.

Great job so far on weight loss, you look great~

Mental plateau's are tough...I say change up your routine...get a mani/pedi just because, take a new exercise class that you haven't tried, (I'm going to try a spin class for the first time soon), find some new healthy snacks that are delicious.

Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • lorifrost1
    lorifrost1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great ideas from the post above. Agree, agree, agree. Switch it up. Spoil yourself a little. Find something new to snack on that feels like a real "treat" to you. You can do it! You're doing great already! Keep it up. Hang in there!!
  • Sallyismyname
    Sallyismyname Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I feel a bit better today. But I think you are on to something with these ideas! Thanks so much.
  • Lithuria
    Options
    When I hit a mental plateau I give myself the shock treatment...I watch tv programmes about the dangers of obesity, look it up online etc, get some scare stories, then come back to read success stories etc, a bit harsh and maybe not for everyone but it always gives me a kick up the *kitten* when Im feeling like I can't be bothered...sometimes you just need to be reminded of why you're doing this!