I realized I don't ever remember being my goal weight

Options
I just had this eerie feeling after realizing...I don't even remember what it's like to be the goal weight I'm shooting for (150). Like...ever. Maybe when I was 14 (I'm 29)? I don't remember it at all though. The feeling. How I looked. Anything. The lightest I've been in the last decade has been 194lbs and for my height, that's still about 40lbs over what I should be. I don't even know what's its like to not have a belly hanging over my pants!

It's just weird to think about. As excited as I am to lose all this damn weight, it's even more exciting to realize the weight I'm getting down to is so new, I don't even remember being that weight. It'll be a totally "first time" type of thing. I don't even have any pictures of me at 150. Wow. Ok I'll stop. But damn. I'm going to look like a completely different sexier person!

Replies

• walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can relate, in a way.

I don't know how low I can actually go. I weighed 128 lbs when I was about 22 yrs old. Haven't seen that weight since then (I'm 45). It gives me the same goose pimples as you describe to think I could, possibly, maybe end up weighing something close to that when I'm done (my current goal is 135 but if the weight is still coming off I may continue until I can maintain without going hungry).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, hopefully that'll throw some fuel on the fire! Let's DO this!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I remember being my goal weight, but I don't remember the in-between weights much. I must have just not paid attention to what was going on with my body while I was in the process of getting fat. Also, I didn't go through every clothing size before, I just went from wearing small stuff to wearing big stuff without ever buying the medium sizes. Not sure what my point is here, but that's my experience.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Same here, but more because I don't know how much I've weighed before. I never bothered to weigh myself. I went on a diet because one day my mum decided to weigh everyone in the family and I was overweight. All I know is that I was under 80kg a few years ago because you had to be under that to do a sport I did, but since 80kg is higher than my starting weight that doesn't really help! But I do know I've never considered myself thin and never been even close to confident enough to wear a bikini, so if I get to where I want to be that'll be new.
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can relate too! Also excited! :D
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Same here. I must have been like 13/14 MAYBE. I have no recollection of my goal weight whatsoever.
  • justdoingit13
    Options
    Same here!!!! I was in college...a long time ago and 4 children ago!!! But I am excited to go back to the old me. My goal is to get back into my wedding dress. Silly?? Maybe....but it is motivation. Doing that will tell me I HAVE ARRIVED!!
  • justdoingit13
    Options
    Hey Ninkyou....I see you now with one of those fashionable jogging strollers running in your neighborhood with your new baby. Go for it girl!!!!!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm only 23 but have been the same height since early high school. Which was probably the last time I weighed my goal weight, maybe middle school. I seem to remember weighing about 15-20lbs above my goal weight senior year of high school.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Same here. I must have been like 13/14 MAYBE. I have no recollection of my goal weight whatsoever.

Me too, might even have been younger than that! I know I've never been the weight I am now as an adult.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It's been about 15 years since I was at the weight I am now (160), 18 years since 150, and about 20 since I was at my goal weight. I remember thinking even then that I could stand to lose a few pounds.. How I managed to gain 100 lbs OVER that weight - boggles my mind. All I know is that I am not doing this again! I will be where I want to be and this time I will stay there.
  • justdoingit13
    Options
    AMEN!!! Preach to the choir.....we are all listening!!!!
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal size, not my goal weight. It's due to my body composure is more muscular now than I have ever been. I wear the same size clothing as I did in high school, but I'm between 15-20 lbs. more than I weighed back then. I've pretty much given up on the scale and just look to keep toned and fit now and keep with my healthier eating habits.

GL! I wish you all the success in your journey to health and fitness. :)
  • pattyfitzroy
    Options
    I also was a teenager back then, I remember it vaguely, but I do know that I was unhealthy as you can be eating wise back then, I'm looking forward to getting there and being healthy at the same time! Good luck to you on your weight loss and fitness goals!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    When I was last at my goal weight (135) I was depressed about it. I was 110 when I graduated from high school, so by the time I got to 135 I considered myself 25 pounds overweight. But I'm 44 years old now, and a lot more muscular than I was at 18, and 135 is sounding pretty dang good. Still got some work to do to get there but I'm on my way.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It feels good to fit your high school jeans :) trust me!!! go on! you can do it :)
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I last saw my goal weight when I was 20. It was funny, I thought I was gaining weight and was so relieved to find out I hadn't.

And then I promptly started drinking and stopped being a vegetarian who walked everywhere ... and gained 10 pounds a year for most of that decade. Oy.

I was a size 10/12 back then. It'll be nice to fit into mediums again.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can remember being about 15-20 lbs heavier than my current goal weight and that was when I was 17 (my senior year of High School). I can remember the amazingly cute bathing suit I wore to the beach for Senior Week. If I can back into a bathing suit like that... well.. I'm not really sure HOW I would handle that immense amount of joy.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't remember EVER being the size/weight I am now...pretty sure I never was....i'm actually under my original goal weight now..only cause I didn't realize I could ever get to where I am now...but it is do-able..best of luck!!!!
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Same here! I think I must have been...10 years old possibly? I vaguely think I might be smaller than I was at 18... I really wish I made a note of my measurements then!

I do know I have NEVER been my goal body composition though...like, I guess you could say I have been my goal weight before when I went past it. But, in all the times I was smaller, I was never happy with my body composition.

And I'm so inpatient - what will I look like?! I wanna know NOW!!!