Hanging fat hurting after exercise .. anyone else??

Options
I dont know if this has already been discussed here, but I figured I'd throw it out there regardless! I am getting back into a cardio routine, and I've noticed the past few days that my stomach (which does have hanging fat) hurts after exercise .. and not my stomach, the organ .. but the actual stomach fat. It hurt me so much last night that it hurt to try to sleep on my stomach. I dont think I did too much bouncing around (Elliptical machine for 65 minutes) but its interesting to say the least.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or does anyone know what causes it? Thanks!

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I would guess the mechanical stresses being put on you by the up and down motion of wiggly bits is what makes you sore. Can you buy a compression garment to wear to keep that to a minimum?
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yep, you need some compression clothing!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I bought this sort of a corset girdle thing on amazon..I think it was the Rago Women's waist cincher. I bought it to wear under a dress for a wedding, but I bet things like that would also work for your purposes. Though, if you are doing something with lots of sweating you might want to wear it over a tshirt, or get something else..I doubt it would feel too good on sweaty or breathe much.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Compression wear is your friend.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    It got better over time for me.

Fat still bounces around but it doesn't hurt any more for me.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Compression shirts for the win! Walmart has mens' Starter shirts for ~$10-15 each. Even when it's no longer an issue, the dri-weave type fabric does a great job of wicking the sweat away from your skin to help cool you.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do have a few compression shirts I think .. The ones with the sweat-wicking material . I'll have to dig those out =) Thanks all!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yes it's a thing- you're not crazy.

I don't have a tremendous amount of body fat- I never have- and even I have areas that hurt. specifically the back side love handles- or the outside of my thighs- where all my chub tends to hang. :/

it happens.

get some compression gear and relax what you are doing a little- long steady state- no bounce cardio will help., I recently started using the stepper- holy crap that thing kicks *kitten*.