6 months later (pics included)

Options
hkystar
hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
So this past January, my good friend got me to start working out with her. I went through a lot of pain, and in May I got a scale. I found out about MFP in the end of April and I started logging my food. It took awhile of seeing just what I was putting into my body to accept reality. I accepted my challenge head on.

For those who think they cant do this, let me tell you... YOU CAN. If I can do it, anyone can.

6 mo progress:
I ran my 5K this week in 31:30 (on track for my 30min timed goal on Thanksgiving morning).
I am eating 1300 calories and not feeling starving. I eat so much better and so much more filled in my day.
I have energy. When I started I kept telling my BF that I couldnt exercise because I had no energy. I have so much more energy than I ever had (and thats after working out for ~60 mins a day 6 days a week).
I am learning to love myself. I can honestly say I had been so disgusted with my body and my weight for soooo long.
So its been 6 months and I gave away 42.5 pounds! (I dont say lost because I am NOT looking for that weight).

so now for the good part (what I know everyone is here for) my before/during pictures (I am just about 1/2 way to my goal).

Nov 2009 Thanksgiving (prolly close to 250 if not more)
Nov2009.jpg

March 2010 (around 240 pounds)
March2010.jpg

Labor Day weekend 2010 (208 pounds)
Sept2010.jpg

2 weeks ago (205 pounds)
Sept2010v2.jpg

Replies

• MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great. Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job!!
  • clbiggins83
    clbiggins83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Keep up the good work!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    incredible story thanks for sharing..you look fabulous and more importantly you are getting healthy!
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    WOW! AMAZING STORY. You are so, so awesome. I like that you "gave away" your weight loss. Haha - that's great!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great Job, keep it up, all of your hard work is paying off!!!!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Way to go girlie!!! Keep up the good work you look fantastic!!!!!
  • Buckeybabe87
    Options
    Great Job, you look amazing!
  • imma_rosta
    imma_rosta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl! You look fabulous!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    you look great and your 5k time is awesome!
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love your statment about you giving you pounds away, not losing them since you are not lokking for them!
  • souixz
    souixz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WTG ....you not only feel better, but...you are gorgous too!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    So happy for you! You look full of joy and also should be yeah you!!!!!:drinker:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! You look FANTASTIC, girl! Keep up the good work! :)

~Angela
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I love that red dress!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!!!!! Keep up the great work!!! You don't just look beautiful, you ARE beautiful!
    :heart: Bru
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! Every day I'm looking thru the success board to remind myself that it is possible, and stories like yours confirm it. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing your at-goal pics!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You rock!! You look great, radiant & so happy. I barely recognized your before picture!
  • sunnee
    Options
    You look fabulous! That red dress is pretty hot too. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!