New today

Options
HI! My mom is writing this for me. I am a quadraplegic teen getting ready to have major back surgery. Mom thought that using MFP would be perfect for tracking my protein, calorie, iron, and vitamin intake before surgery. She thought she was giving me enough nutrients through my nutrition shakes and snacks, but was really surprised to see how much my nutrition is falling short of my needs! So that just shows you how great this website is! She can track my nutrition needs and calories to help me grow and gain weight! Using MFP is so much easier than guesswork and writing a food diary by hand!

And, my mom has lost about 5 pounds since she started a month ago! Yea Mom!

Replies

• DAKTHREE
    Options
    Hi:) Very glad to see both of you here!! That is fantastic that you are able to use this site to track your nutrition. Sounds like you are doing everything right for a smooth surgery and quick recovery.
    Good job both of you:flowerforyou:
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You are in my prayers as you face your surgery. Glad to hear a different use for this website. I also realized that I was eating way too much protein. I hope you are getting the right intake before your surgery.