We've lost a third person from our marriage

Options
jaecamp1
jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
I got to thinking this morning and between my husband and myself we've lost about 160 pounds from our highest weights. That is a whole grown person. And let me tell you that b**** was a freeloader. By the time we get to goal it will be another whole person. It will be nice to have only two people in our marriage.

So far I've lost 101 and he has lost 62.

Anyone else doing this with their spouse and being successful together?

Replies

• keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've lost 58 and my husband has lost 92! Totaling 150. It's wonderful to do this together ;)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Amazing! :D You've lost more than I weigh.
  • jaecamp1
    Options
    Yes! I've lost 58 and my husband has lost 92! Totaling 150. It's wonderful to do this together ;)

Its so much easier when he's not going crazy with the food. Those stinkers (men) lose weight so much faster. I'm working my butt off and he just tries to stay below maintenance.
  • jaecamp1
    Options

Bwahaha

I'm sure you're very nice, but I don't want to carry you anymore ;)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options

Bwahaha

I'm sure you're very nice, but I don't want to carry you anymore ;)
    I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee. 8D
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yes! In the past 7 weeks I've lost almost 30 and my wife has lost about 12. I have more to lose than she does, but we're both striving for the same level of fitness. We work out together, walk together, etc... it's great having your partner in life also be your partner in fitness :)
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just love your post. So awesome to be doing it as a team!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that would be. My wife has trouble keeping weight ON.
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for kicking that freeloader to the curb!

My hubby is not overweight, but we're lifting together. Very fun!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, it always seems to work better when your doing it as a team.
  • MissMollyMN
    Options
    And let me tell you that b**** was a freeloader.

LOL
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that would be. My wife has trouble keeping weight ON.

I hear ya, my guy is the same. I've got another ~70 pounds to lose, and he could easily gain 40 of that and still be right where he's supposed to be!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome post- thanks for sharing, and congrats on kicking that *kitten* to the curb!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic!!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It's awesome when the spouse/s.o. joins in! We've lost a total of 177 lbs together but it took awhile for him to start on weight loss and better eating (he kind of fought me at first, lol)!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I got to thinking this morning and between my husband and myself we've lost about 160 pounds from our highest weights. That is a whole grown person. And let me tell you that b**** was a freeloader. By the time we get to goal it will be another whole person. It will be nice to have only two people in our marriage.

So far I've lost 101 and he has lost 62.

Anyone else doing this with their spouse and being successful together?

I've lost 85 and my wife has lost .. um .. 70? I dont know. I have ZERO clue what her weight was when we started. Nor did I ask ... (I can only imagine my half of the conversation; "so hey babe, uhhhh exactly how much *do* you weigh ... no, no. I still enjoy sex and wish to continue having it ... but my arm's TIRED, babe ... ")

It's been easier when we can cook together, eat together, run together (but we do not tend to lift together ... )

Next conversation: "so now that we've lost a person, should we consider adding one back in??"

Wish me luck.
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    DoctorKhaleesi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your husband! That is amazing! :)
  • madworld1
    Options
    My husband is just now getting on board with me. It's been nice because he's very responsible & once he puts his mind to something he accomplishes it. He is better at this than I am! But, he keeps me accountable.

Congrats to y'all! I'm hoping we will have the same success! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!