Peanut butter

13»

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Peanut butter is glorious!! Make room for it, and don't cut it with anything! Ack! :) My breakfast typically consists of a whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbsp PB and banana slices. Noms!!!!! :D
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    So for lunch I sauteed some chicken and balsamic onions i've made... and thinking back to this thread, I added in both peanut butter, AND PB2.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    jif whips has less fat, cals than even reduced fat pb, the taste is not compromised

I eat it EVERY single day with celery
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    PB in Greek Yogurt makes an awesome fruit dip
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Also don't bother with reduced fat PB, roughly the same calories and way less healthy fat all the same bad fat, just don't do it.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    I can't allow normal peanut butter into my life, for the high sugar content. I settle for monkey nuts, and the occasional salted KP.
    I know Thailand, and Asia use peanut butter in their cooking. I think, it's called Satay.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Furthermore, I don't eat anything that contain Palm Oil, because, I don't agree with damaging the natural habitat where Orangutangs live.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Furthermore, I don't eat anything that contain Palm Oil, because, I don't agree with damaging the natural habitat where Orangutangs live.

I've always wanted to try one of those.
  • I love peanut butter as well, and use it daily on a multigrain english muffin. I don't understand how 1 tbsp isn't enough though. I made a point to fit the 2tbsp in once and could barely eat the muffin WAY TOO MUCH pb.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    peanut butter is so expensive here that i just make my own! it's just raw peanuts, a little salt, a little sugar, water, and the tiniest bit of oil, in the blender/food processor! it doesn't taste quite like the processed deliciousness, but i still think it's really tasty, plus way cheaper and way healthier!

as far as cutting it goes, i've never tried this, but i imagine a plain low-fat yogurt and/or some kind of bean (in a blender) like white beans or red lentils would add content (& protein) without adding too much extra weird flavor or calories? just a possibility... xx
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    i bake peanut butter & liver cookies for my dog - but my husband eats them too...