Trying to Accomplish Happiness

Options
omegareyes
omegareyes Posts: 6
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello My Name is Omega and I am 48 years old.

I have been trying to loose weight for some time now.
Have done the Weight Watchers but the more weight I lost the more points got taken away.
I started out at 246 pds from last year when I started in May .
Jan 2013 our year didn't start out so good . Lost both of our in-laws 10 weeks apart and then in between we got temporary custody of my 2 yr. old grandson .(That's not a bad thing)
So life has thrown us a curve . Then I finally decided to get back into my weight loss again about a month ago I did the 3 day Dr. OZ Detox to restart my body and I was using the spark people instead of weight watcher. I started out at 227 now im up to 229 . I have been eating healthy and exercising with my WII and doing Zumba or somekind of Aerobics
Why am I gaining. Don't get me wrong I feel good , but not loosing.UGH soooo frustrating.
So I stumbled on MyFitnessPal and It seems to give more information on loosing and eating the Right things.
So here I go.. Hope I can loose not gain..

Replies

• truly_blessed90
    Options
    I have tried WW, diets, everything but I didn't lose weight because I didn't change my lifestyle. MFP has been the number one thing to motivate and keep me losing weight. :)
  • omegareyes
    Options
    I have tried to change my lifestyle , But like I had said before the more I lost I lost points.
    I went from 246 to 223 and stopped.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Just enter all your information into MFP and follow the directions for your calorie level. You probably stopped losing weight before because you didn't stay within your calorie limits.
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have tried to change my lifestyle , But like I had said before the more I lost I lost points.

You lost points because your body burns less calories as you loose weight. Thank about it, it requires more effort to walk a mile if you are 300lbs than if you weighed 200lbs. So WW compensated by having you intake less.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

You have to quit making excuses.

Make this the moment that changes everything. Cleanses, detoxes, fasts, extreme calorie restriction does nothing for the long term. The only way you are going to make a permanent change is to eat less move more. Whatever you do to lose weight, you have to be able to do for the rest of your life.

I think a good place to find some motivation is the success stories page. Go read the stories and look at the pictures. Immerse yourself in that forum and absorb as much as you can. There are a lot of people who have started where you are with a lot of the same issues and have found success.

Then you need to start tracking every bite you take. If your problem is losing points/calories as you get smaller, figure out how many calories you need per day at your goal weight and eat that many a day.

This is going to take work, but you can do it.
  • payitforwardx3
    Options
    I struggle with eating less too. However, if you want to continue eating more, you have to really, really, really work out. I'm talking running, roller skating, strength training for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Something I think that is interesting is losing 10 pounds, then walking with two five pound dumbbells. It's amazing that I used to carry that weight around with me.

You can do it. But it requires a commitment.
  • payitforwardx3
    Options
    Here's a quote from another board:

46702734_661_thumb blah2989 Selector

Joined Jul 2013

September 06, 2013 12:02 am
    I started on MFP exactly two months ago. I was 249, Im 5'6, 24 yrs old. I used to eat ALOT AND junk food. Alot of junk food. I am not prediabetic, but my mom is and she does not take care of it, at all. This will take self control, but more so, motivation. I entered my activity level as "sedentary" and log primarily exercises, but occasionally cleaning as well- I only add light cleaning. I dont enter all the walking I do or food prep unless its really tedious. My calorie intake goal when I first started was 1360/ day, and 5 days a week 30 min workouts. The last part of that first week, there was one day I ate a TOTAL of 4100 calories. No joke. But I didnt feel bad, I knew I had to work it off. So I did. I burned nearly 3000 calories in one day. ME. A person who hadnt run in about 6 years. A person who ate and liked to lounge around, do things at my pace. My legs hurt. I was so sore the next day. But I got up and I exercised, I ate about 1700 calories- 400 more than I should have, but I worked it off. I was not about to choose between being thin and food. So, I dont. I try to exercise regularly and bust out some extra exercise if I eat more than my daily calorie intake. I havent changed my diet really, with the exception that I rarely ever drink my calories. I cut calories by adding low calorie foods and being careful how I prepare foods. Ive cut out butter. Nuy light sour cream. Dont use as much cheese, lighten up on the mayo, cook w 0 calorie butter flavored cooking spray, sweeten foods/ drinks with sweetener or add something naturally sweet. Add veggied to every dinner. Opt for a salad occasionally. Im more aware of the amount of calories in foods when I go out to eat. Most of all, I chart EVERY SINGLE THING I eat. So I know what I ate. It is not impossible, because I felt a lot like you do now, when I started. But I stopped giving myself excuses. Instead of saying, Im too busy with the kids ( who are 2&3) I now, exercise in the living room, for a half hour while they watch mickey mouse. I go on that morning walk or evening walk; run, sometimes both if I can. I watch what I eat if I know we are going out later in the week or exercise. You can do it. The key is to take action. Dont talk about it, just do it. I wish you the best, feel free to add me if you like. It is not impossible, you really can do it, it just takes effort.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Your real name is Omega? That's such a cool name!
  • omegareyes
    Options
    LOL yes that's my real Name .
    I have a cake business and I get asked if that's my name.
    check out my website .www.creativecakesbyomega.com
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    I think for me it is not so much the focus of losing weight. I want to live a healthy life so that I can do all that I want and be here for myself and my kids.
This discussion has been closed.