In 19 months, I've lost 262 pounds. New Me, New Life.

Options

Replies

• FightingFox
    Options
    I am about as close to speechless as I ever get after reading this.

I was teary eyed reading your story... and then BAM! Jaw dropping, incredible transformation! Good for you!!

You sir, you are amazing!
    ^^this! Thank you for sharing your story; so sad and then transforming & amazing! So much hard work involved, You are made of some awesome sauce. :) xxx
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Hey Myfitnesspal,

So, it's been 19 months since I started using myfitnesspal, and it's been a major success for me. I weigh 216 pounds today, down 262 from my original 478. It's been a wild ride, and I'd essentially lived two completely separate lives. Here is an pretty in depth anecdote from my blog I've been keeping detailing the journey at gainsthroughloss.com

Your story is amazing, you are a great writer, and you look FANTASTIC.

Seriously, you're hot. :flowerforyou:

Keep up the amazing work.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed to say too often I come out here looking for inspiration but never comment. Your story was so moving. While I will never understand how it felt to be nearly 500 lbs, I can completely relate to your emotions and embarrassment before I lost 70 pounds. You so perfectly relayed the pain obese people feel that it nearly brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. You have moved mountains and I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for what you were, what you overcame and finally, what you became. God bless you. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • packerbackertoo
    Options
    A new you!

I know your experience personally. I am so happy to not shop at "Casual Male XL"

Great work!
  • annaowen67
    Options
    You have a great story and an amazing talent for telling it. Thank you for sharing and btw, you are hot!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! What a well written, honest, inspirational story .... Thank you for taking the time to tell it :smile:
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration you are!
    Your story made me cry!
    I have struggled all my adult life with obesity, I am 5'3" and at my heaviest I was 263lbs. I went down to 199 lbs but bounced back up and down a few times. I am currently 210 lbs and hope to be at 145-150 lbs. By my 50 the birthday I WILL be under 200 lbs!!!
    I would love to hear how you have done it, like what kind of excersize, what your diet is like?
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow, your journey is incredible.

I hope you continue to enjoy every second of this new life YOU have created for yourself.
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. I struggle with binge eating as well. I let myself gain 50 lbs, I was in and out of the obese range for my height, and I knew there was no limit to how fat I might get if I didn't stop. That's the thing about binge eating, it only numbs the pain if you keep doing it more and more and more...
    Sometimes I feel hopeless and like I let myself go to far to ever get back to where I was. You are living proof that you can change at any weight or age. Your transformation is amazing and you should be PROUD :) thank you for sharing your story!
  • Budgirl2455
    Budgirl2455 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    God bless you for the courage it took to do it!!!!! Proud of you without knowing you. I felt the pain you felt as I read your story. You look amazing and I am happy you are so much more healthier now then you were then of course. Sharing your story is so inspiring for others also who just don't feel like it would happen to them...getting to goal I mean. I just can't imagine the feeling your experiencing now compared to what your story was. High five to you !!! Seriously that is quite an accomplishment. WOW exactly :bigsmile: Never go back make sure "every day" do something to stay as you are now. helping others will do that. Way to go you left the dark side and happy for you :flowerforyou:
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Holy moley!!!!!You look like a million bucks and im sure you feel like that too .
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am in tears right now after reading that. Very impressive work. You look amazing! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Speechless. Tears running down my face. Your dedication to your health is beyond impressive! Congratulations!
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That's pretty amazing dude, grats on all your hard work paying off!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    one of the most moving things I've read for a while, thanks and congratulations. I'm so happy for you. People have no idea the amount of energy And thought overweight people spend on even the smallest things.
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    Wow. Your story is amazing and you look phenomenal. Congratulations!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just wow. Incredible.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I have to come back and read the whole thing, kinda tagging for later, and posting now to say what an amazing thing you've done for yourself. Amazing. :heart:
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    nice work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!