What time do you stop eating for the day?

Options

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry, just choose well. ;)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I am doing 16:8 fasting so I stop at 7:30, and start at 1130.
  • ohellotheresa
    Options
    I like to get most of my calories in earlier in the day but I generally like to eat something right before bed also (^_^;) yesterday that was at around 11pm...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Looking for input:

Is there a time of the day that you find it is best if you don't eat beyond that time. I've heard some people say that they don't like to eat after 7:00PM. What time do you stop eating for the day?

I stop eating for the day when I'm disgusted with myself. Usually 15 min before bed. I hate waking up hungry.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I go to bed, when I'm out of calories, and/or when I'm no longer hungry.

If that means I'm done at 6 pm (out of calories), ok.

If I am eating at 11:30, it's not going to hurt anything.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I go to sleep other than that meal frequency has no bearing on weight loss... Eat when you can get your calories in...... Best of Luck
  • 1pattycakes2u
    Options
    Take 1 omeprazole daily and you will not have those problems. It works differently then all those other things, ask your pharmacist about it. Patty
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Before I go to bed. I hate crumbs on the pillow.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    After using up all my calories I have breakfast if I'm hungry. Sometimes I have breakfast before my dinner. I don't have a cut off time, I stop eating for the day wherever my sleep (if any) falls.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if I am hungry. I'll eat right before bed if I have to. my last meal is usually a couple hours before bed though.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a specific time. I'll use dinner sometime to get my calories above 1500 (or have a snack). Sometimes it's an hour before bed, sometimes 4. Unless you have a gastrointestinal issue I don't think it matters.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post - makes no difference. I eat when I feel like it, which usually means eating most of my calories after 7pm. That said, I mostly eat clean, so it's not heavy food, and my evening meal is usually a couple hours before going to bed. I also have a snack before bed. Have been doing that throughout my MFP/weight loss journey.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I usually stop eating by 8 pm & only drink water after that. Otherwise I would probably have an all night bingefest.
    Everyone's different. Try different times to see what works for you.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after the sun goes down, and for me it's purely psychological. If I eat when it's dark out, I'll eat all night and literally will take food to bed with me and snack in bed. I'm totally aware that it doesn't matter if I eat past a certain time, but I can't keep my intake at any kind of a reasonable level if I don't rein it in.
  • jildap
    jildap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I stop when the calories are used up! Then I might as well just go to bed!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options

I stop eating for the day when I'm disgusted with myself. Usually 15 min before bed. I hate waking up hungry.

LOL this is me...I seriously eat until I am disgusted and then I tend not to wake up (as much) hungry. Although I usually eat at least once a night. Running crazy distances each day makes me like a bottomless pit.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I usually stop around 9 pm or 10 pm for no real reason. I just tend to not eat anymore past that time. It's not something carved in stone, I have on occasion eaten past this but I keep it a light snack. Again, no real reason. That's my usual time if I'm at home. I don't put any real restrictions that's just how it somehow ends up working out.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    When I go to bed. I mean sometimes this can mean that my last meal was 4 hours or more before I hit the sack and other times it can be as little as 5 mins. Just depends on what I eat, do and how I feel for the day.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    depends if I workout late or get off work late ive been know to eat as late as 1 or 2 am
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat between 10pm-2pm IF 16/8, but times vary.