No More Excuses -- Week 45

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    Finished W1D2 of C25K today. Going to start a different workout plan on Monday. I am going to do C25K on MWF, and 30 day shred on TTHS, still keeping Sunday as a rest day. Will prob do at least 20min on treadmill on shred days. And I will still continue to my crunches, squats, and pushups. Will give this plan a go for the month of October and see how it goes.

Tammy - I as well love the new profile pic.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Renae.....This sounds like a great plan of attack. I too think I need to change things up. I have gotten off track a bit, so I think I am using you as an example!! HA HA HA !!!! Here is my commitment: MWF, CURVES, TTHS WII Fit, and doing 20-30 minutes of treadmill or outside walk everyday. I can do this!!!! Here we go!!!!
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track with my diet now if I can just get my workouts back in. Hopefully I will get them back in soon.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Is a HRM really worth it? If so... what one is best... while being the cheapest? haha

My husband got one from Costco for $30 but he hasn't really used it so I'm not sure how good it is.

Renae...Thanks! Sounds like you have a good plan.

Angela...Great job. I know you will get your workouts back in when you are ready.

Ann...You go girl. You can do it!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. Mine is a Motiva Mio, with no chest trap. I am starting to wish I had one with a cheststrap, so it would track my heart rate constantly not just when I take it. And if I am jogging and treadmill and getting really sweaty, I find it hard to get a reading since My wrist are wet. Mine was around $60, my friend bought one with a chest trap from walmart for around the same price.

The reason I love them so much, is everybody is different, so this way you are getting an accurate reading of how many calories you are burning during a workout.

Is a HRM really worth it? If so... what one is best... while being the cheapest? haha
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey everyone!!
    See a lot of new names and faces and a few I remember...
    So, I see everyone has been busy and seems to be doing well. I had my baby on August 26 and I am ready to rejoin the group! The baby is great. She was 8 pounds, 6 ounces and 22 inches long. Her name is Kenza Elise. I have one month left on maternity leave :cry: and want to get busy on the weight loss.
    I weighed 205 when I went in to have the baby and now I'm down to 178. I am hoping to reach my goal I set before pregnancy of 155. Hope to hear from some of you soon!
    Christy
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey everyone!!
    So, I see everyone has been busy and seems to be doing well. I had my baby on August 26 and I am ready to rejoin the group! The baby is great. She was 8 pounds, 6 ounces and 22 inches long. Her name is Kenza Elise. I have one month left on maternity leave :cry: and want to get busy on the weight loss.
    I weighed 205 when I went in to have the baby and now I'm down to 178. I am hoping to reach my goal I set before pregnancy of 155. Hope to hear from some of you soon!
    Christy

Hey Christy...Glad you are back and you and the baby are doing well.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I finished up week 3 of boot camp at my church this morning, 7 more to go. I am really having a good time. I have lost 5 pounds in the 3 weeks according to their scale. Mine is a little lighter but I weigh nude and before I eat breakfast. I asked if they would subtract about 5 pounds to account for my clothes and breakfast :laugh: We may go camping this weekend. We are waiting til the last minute to decide. I am a terrible procrastinator. I have nothing packed at all. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will check back in on Monday.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hey everyone!!
    Christy

Way cool Christy!!! So glad to hear that all are doing well. Welcome back to the group.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Send me those weigh ins.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    my weight had gone up last week after being sick to about 241ish. Today I am back to 239.8, though at one point this week I had been down to 237.7. Oh well... definitely plan on keeping it up except this week will be hard because I'm going to be away for Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm missing my favorite night of 2 1/2 hrs of classes at the gym. Oh well... gotta push through this STUPID plateau!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Monday...I'm having a hard day today, just don't feel well and want to eat everything in site. I gave in and ate a Butterfinger so now I'm having to juggle the rest of the day to stay within cals. I'll need to at least go for a walk. I missed my boot camp class this morning because I just didn't think I could make it through. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Have a great day.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hello all...I had a better day today. I'm feeling better but am craving chocolate terribly. It is TOM coming up for me and I'm struggling with the Butterfingers in the cabinet. I am going to send them with my hubby to work tomorrow. I stayed within cals today but I am starving. I missed boot camp on Monday but I will be back at it in the morning. Hope you all have a good evening.

P.S. Have we started a new thread and I'm missing it?
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! Tammy I know your feeling! It seems like I have been that way for weeks and just can't seem to get back on track. The chocolate drives me nuts!!! If there is a new thread we have both missed it, because I have been watching but didn't see anything. Everyone is so busy though.

I don't know what I am going to have to do with myself to get back on track. I get frustrated with myself and then give up. I know this weight is not going to just "fall" off and that I have to work for it. I thought once school started I would slow down....NOT!!!!!

I have started off well this morning and am determined to get out of this slump.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Talk to you tomorrow!
    Ann
  • tigermom79
    Options
    That's it!!!!! It was just on the radio that the way to loose weight is SLEEP!!! HA HA HA HA! They said that those that get 5 1/2 hours sleep vs. those that get 8 1/2 were heavier and it was harder for them to loose weight because of some chemical in their system. Sorry folks.....I'm going to bed!!! :)
  • tamelab
    Options
    That's it!!!!! It was just on the radio that the way to loose weight is SLEEP!!! HA HA HA HA! They said that those that get 5 1/2 hours sleep vs. those that get 8 1/2 were heavier and it was harder for them to loose weight because of some chemical in their system. Sorry folks.....I'm going to bed!!! :)

I have heard that too and I definitely notice that I lose at a steadier pace when I get enough rest.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Where did everybody go? Did I miss the new thread somewhere? I joined a group called Beautiful Blues recently on MFP. They are a good group and most members log daily. I'll check back next week to see if anybody is logging. If not then I will just start posting to the Blues. Hope you are all doing well.
  • cah0806
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing...I come back and everyone disappears
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    2 things, we have people split amongst two posting because I was a big slacker last week and didn't get the chart posted.

On another note, send me those weigh ins.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hi jack,

weighing in at 236.6 today!

maybe i finally broke my plateau :)
  • cah0806
    Options
    2 things, we have people split amongst two posting because I was a big slacker last week and didn't get the chart posted.

On another note, send me those weigh ins.

Just wanted to make sure you're doing okay. Everyone has bad/busy weeks. Thanks for all you do!