What time do you stop eating for the day?

Options

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    7pm ish. not that i have to stop eating at a specific time but i don't need food after dinner and i have my dinner around 6pm
    somedays i will go later like on weekends, but during the week i'm asleep by 9:30pm and dont want to be eating less then a few hrs b4 sleep or i have more trouble with sleep apnea/ensomnia which i am prone too at the best of times

Fluids is all day long as required
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat between 10pm-2pm IF 16/8, but times vary.

you dont eat for most of the day? sure you don't mean 10pm-2am? or 10am-2pm?
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There is no specific time for me. I stop when I am not hungry and some times I snack in bed. I don't watch the clock when it comes to eating. If I did go by a certain time that would be pretty hard for me since I work 530pm-3am. I would starve if I stopped after 7p
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well it's 10:30 pm here right now and I am trying to figure out what to eat..protien bar or milk duds...Im hungry
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When I run out of calories for the day. Sometimes that's at 4, sometimes I get a snack before bed.
  • FightingFox
    Options
    Eating after 7pm is a myth. It doesn't matter to weight loss. A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit no matter when you eat those calories. You can eat them with a fox. You can eat them in a box.
    ^^like
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat while I'm sleeping, it makes a mess and can be a choking hazard. I eat pretty much up until then. Including in bed just before I go to sleep. I eat the vast majority of my calories after 9PM. That's when I'm hungry-so that's when I eat.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat between 10pm-2pm IF 16/8, but times vary.

you dont eat for most of the day? sure you don't mean 10pm-2am? or 10am-2pm?

If I remember correctly IF 16:8 is fasting for 16 hours and eating within an 8 hour time frame. So looks like 2pm -10pm is the 8 hour period in which she eats.
  • greenie0515
    greenie0515 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When i was trying to lose weight fast, i stopped eating at 6pm and it sort of fits into my daily routine - after school, i have dinner and then shower + brushing my teeth. That way, i stop myself from snacking cos i really hate having to brush my teeth again. ;P

Now, I am trying to maintain + lose fat, gain muscle, so i normally stop eating at around 8pm. :)
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat up until I fall asleep.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Depends on how hungry I am. For example, right now I am exhausted, but starving too, so I'll probably eat right now and to to bed afterward. I know some people are hung up on not eating after a certain time at night, but in reality as long as your total calories in are less than your total calories used, you will lose weight, no matter when those calories are consumed. However, some people have trouble sleeping when their stomachs are too full, and others have difficulty getting to sleep if they are hungry. So it all really depends on you.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Usually before my nighttime shower, but I have been known to get out of the shower, shuffle into the kitchen, and score an ice cream bar or something. But usually 10 minutes or so before bed (11pm)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I eat in my sleep. :laugh:
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I don't do this. Eat whenever I want really.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I stop when I'm at my calorie limit, usually by 6:30 or 7:00
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after the sun goes down, and for me it's purely psychological. If I eat when it's dark out, I'll eat all night and literally will take food to bed with me and snack in bed. I'm totally aware that it doesn't matter if I eat past a certain time, but I can't keep my intake at any kind of a reasonable level if I don't rein it in.

Do you live somewhere that sunset is late into the evening. Because in a couple of months it'll be dark here by 6pm and I haven't even left work yet most nights. Just curious.

To answer the original question: I work odd, irregular hours so I have don't have a set eating schedule. I may be having breakfast meal when someone else is eating lunch or dinner.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Whatever time I go to sleep is normally when I stop eating (unless I'm a sleepwalker). :laugh:

I have a weird schedule, so I normally eat my lunch around 5 and my dinner around 10 because that's what my body needs based on my daily schedule (even people in different countries eat their meals differently, so there's no real answer). Just eat and stay within *your* goals. If you find that you're hungry at night, try logging every meal so that it will help you figure out what/when you can eat without being hungry. I try not to put restrictions on when I can eat and say, "You can't eat past 10," because it will just lead to cravings and binging. Good luck. :smile:
  • Kittycatcathyy
    Options
    Around 7:30pm just because I don't like eating right before going to bed.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I stop when I am out of calories, generally. Hours on the clock mean absolutely nothing with regard to weight loss.