Heart Issues & Weightloss

Options
I have been on Blood Pressure medicine for about 2 years now. It started out as just a precaution.I have been having some Anxiety and Panic attacks lately due to everyday life/stressful situations (ex: getting a job, family and relationship issues)I have been given a low dose of Lexapro ,but have not begin to take it..I have just recently seen a Cardiologist. The Cardiologist said he was please "BUT" i have Mitral Regurgitation: (valves in your heart-the mitral valve-is letting blood leak backward into the heart.) and Pulmonary Hypertension: (high blood pressure in the arteries leading from the heart to the lungs).

I was told that this all might lessen with some weight loss, but the Dr said i would need to eat "cardboard".

What do you feel classifies as "Cardborad" food?

Anyone else dealing with any of these conditions?
What do you do about/for them?

Replies

• PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    If your cardiologist okays it, try to exercise. I HATE all this running stuff, but I found that I love riding a bicycle and it gets me out and about. Find an activity you like and do it. It will also help with your anxiety. My wife takes Lexapro, she seems more at ease when she gets a chance to ride with me (as a teacher she's busy all day and often most of the night.)
  • missrat
    missrat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm on multiple medications for blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and depression issues.

I'm sure you will find it helpful if you can take the Lexapro - which is escitalopram and is one of the newer SSRI antidepressants and anti-anxiety agents with fewer side-effects from the earlier ones.

Good luck with that, and with your weight loss.

Ann