Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    That's great, congratulations! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • PinaByrd
    Options
    was trying for 10 mins to post that link as a pic lol I give you can copy paste its not spam its a inspirational quote
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    That's awesome, I know it would have made my day to grab the wrong jeans.Congratulations, you look amazing, you've earned it! :flowerforyou:
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratz :)

I know I still have to remind myself that I am not the fat guy anymore.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Congratulations,

job well done:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Super fantastic!!! I still somedays feel and look fat, to myself, but then other days I catch a glimpse in the mirror and am amazed at my progress and wonder if that is really me! Great job!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!

I've been wondering when what I've achieved with my body overhaul would 'click' in my head. This week my doc pointed out i have lost over 20% of my body weight and that started it.

This morning i grabbed the wrong jeans accidentally. I grabbed my ultimate goal jeans. I've kept them since I was 21, 11 years now. I've gotten into them once before but they weren't comfortable. Today, they fit perfectly.

I get it now. I finally see it. I'm no longer fat. In fact, I'm the same size I was when I was the smallest I've been, even though I weigh a little more now. That will go!

Finally, I can see the last few kilograms as 'finetuning'. Finally I can feel the pride and the sense of achievement that's been evading me. I don't know how long the 'click;' has been developing for...but it's here.

I'm not fat any more :D

WOW!! I am so happy for your success! Happy dance for you! :drinker:
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    That is so awesome I think it's what most of us aspire to. Congratulations and keep up the great work!!!
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look amazing & Congratulations. I hope that it will also click for me.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! I woke up still feeling on top of the world, so yay!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    and the high is still going 3 days later! I guess i'm in this for real now :D:D:D
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well said! I have almost lost 50lbs and sometimes am shocked to see myself in the mirror...
  • jamiebxo
    Options
    Well done! :) Keep it up!! Really hoping I properly 'get it' sometime soon. I have days where I realise how much weight I've lost, just by looking or the mirror or trying on old clothes that are way too big for me or when I see someone I haven't seen in a while who comments on my weightloss, but most of the time I still think I'm big and find it hard to see the weight I've lost. Would be nice to finally accept that I've lost weight and am no longer the bigger girl I once was!
  • peggyray50
    Options
    That is really great!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    That is really great!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

I SO am :D
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Well done! :) Keep it up!! Really hoping I properly 'get it' sometime soon. I have days where I realise how much weight I've lost, just by looking or the mirror or trying on old clothes that are way too big for me or when I see someone I haven't seen in a while who comments on my weightloss, but most of the time I still think I'm big and find it hard to see the weight I've lost. Would be nice to finally accept that I've lost weight and am no longer the bigger girl I once was!

I felt exactly like this last eek then it just snapped together :)
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are saying! I teach and have been hearing since the start of the year "You're so SKINNY!" and I just smile and say thank you for saying that. I have had a hard time believing that because I see myself in my underwear :)

But... this weekend I realized that I'm slimmer than most of my "normal-sized" friends. I'm wearing a size 12 (instead of a 22W) and I don't remember ever wearing a 12! I'm having to change my thinking.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Good job everyone, OP and other posters who reached and are reaching their goals.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this post :) And i totally understand. Its just now starting to click lately for me too.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!! Thats fantastic - we are our own worst enemies and convincing ourselves that we look good is the biggest challenge!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!