Looking for Friends in their 50's

Options
Hi, being over 50 has certainly added some slowness to the weight coming off....gone are the weeks of losing 5lbs.
But I am determined and focused to do it this time. Second half of life is going to be even more fabulous!
So-looking for some friends in my age range.....don't feel 50 but do any of us? Lol...age is only a number but I do think it adds some challenges to this weight loss so need some extra support.
Wanna be my friend and travel this road together :)
Susanne

Replies

• Jim_1960
    Options
    Oh, a thread with an age on it that I can meet!!! YAY.....

I am 85 days here (was longer but reset in the summer) and recently reset my goals and exercise levels having quit smoking.
    My diary is open, interact daily, and I try to comment on as many of my friends posts as possible.

I do like to have a laugh as well as you can see from the current picture. LOL (BatDadMinion)

Have a look at profile and if anyone feels I meet their potential friend parameters, add me!!
  • prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi....feel free to add me. I will be the big 5-0 in a few weeks. I don't feel 50 either. I have been trying to lose weight so I can be 50 and FAB..................
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in a few months. Feel free to add me and we can be 50 and fabulous together!
  • cassondrarn
    cassondrarn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    53 here, 140 odd days in and over 40 lbs lighter, feel free to add me, I'll take all the support I can get!
  • BeckyGraceH
    BeckyGraceH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Not fifty yet on my way though this summer I had my 47th birthday! Not my fun. When I turned 40 I lost 75 lbs and then got married and had health issues. Put it all back on and then some. My sweet Husband thought those dark circles under my eyes meant I needed to eat, but they didn't that, they meant I needed to get a transfusion.

so no I am working to get the weight off again. Feel free to add me ..... Becky
  • bunnyphu
    Options
    Fifty One here. Would love to exchange support with people on the same page. :)
  • caroledimm
    Options
    hello susan , your words rang true with me, used to find losing a stone a month easy!

have just come to my senses and realised that nobody can lose weight for me i have to do it myself! only started last sunday but feeling good by cutting the junk food from my diet,imagining all the toxins falling away from me alongside the flab.

I would love to chat to likeminded people who have been around the track a few times, i have quite a lot to lose how about you?

GOOD LUCK
    Carole
  • Onderlandbound
    Options
    52 here and new to MFP feel free to add me as a friend :) good luck on your journey.
  • sheilatush
    sheilatush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Aged 51 here...you all free to add me. I joined in Feb..loss 39 pounds so far
  • Kadje
    Kadje Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Susanne, I'm 58 and have been on MFP for 70 days. I'm purposely losing weight slowly this time, hoping to reach goal and maintenance sometime before I turn 60. Feel free to add me, too! This site is wonderful!
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    Hi! I'm 50 and always looking for 50-something friends...add me if you'd like!:flowerforyou:
  • madiken4
    madiken4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51, on my third week here, and really feeling positive about this. Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other!
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Friend me please! Maryann
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! Maryann
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    add me I'll cheer you on but my food diary is a mess so it wouldn't do you any good to see it
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Susanne, I am 55. log in daily with an open diary. Please feel free to add me as a friend for mutual motivation and support :smile:
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have a tremendous amount of weight to lose. I lost 30 pounds last year and my goal is to lose 70 this year. My STRETCH goal is to lose 100 - LOL. Always good to think big!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. My diary is open to friends.