Game: 1 eating mistake of a person before you (share diary!)

Options
Cynnie20012
Cynnie20012 Posts: 33 Member
Hi!

I propose a small game. It goes like this:

Analyze my today's/yesterday's/day before yesterday dairy (of 1 day, can be of whole week if one has enough time) and point out 1 nutrition mistake that I did.
Next person will analyze yours diary and tell you what you could improve! Then another person continues with the previous one etc.

This can be fun AS NO ONE IS A PROPHET IN HIS OWN CASE! We can misjudge our habits while others can quickly spot what can be improved!

Ready to play?

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This will not end well! (Hope I'm wrong. People are very serious about our noms though.)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    This will not end well! (Hope I'm wrong. People are very serious about our noms though.)

Amen^.

PS-I'm doing just fine, "mistakes" and all.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Sounds healthy. :indifferent:
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I value some constructive criticism, so I'm gonna be here gladly. Rip me apart
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I value some constructive criticism, so I'm gonna be here gladly. Rip me apart

Ok. You are not eating enough. Nurture yourself and your body.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Mistake: Didn't share Food Diary to Public.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I propose a small game. It goes like this:

Analyze my today's/yesterday's/day before yesterday dairy (of 1 day, can be of whole week if one has enough time) and point out 1 nutrition mistake that I did.
    Next person will analyze yours diary and tell you what you could improve! Then another person continues with the previous one etc.

This can be fun AS NO ONE IS A PROPHET IN HIS OWN CASE! We can misjudge our habits while others can quickly spot what can be improved!

Ready to play?
    You need some green veggies in your menu such as:
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Kale
    Mixed lettuces

ETA I'm closed to criticism of my diary.
  • Cynnie20012
    Options
    Indeed! Thanks Healthygreek, unfortunatelly you didn't share the diary!
  • Cynnie20012
    Options

@ PaulHalicki

Paul, as far as I can see you eat micro breakfasts compared to your daily needs...
    If i can only suggest: eat breakfasts like emperor, lunch like a aristocrat and dinner as a normal man.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I dare you to look at my diary for yesterday.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

@ PaulHalicki

Paul, as far as I can see you eat micro breakfasts compared to your daily needs...
    If i can only suggest: eat breakfasts like emperor, lunch like a aristocrat and dinner as a normal man.

Why?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

@ PaulHalicki

nothx
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

you didn't eat enough cookies or cupcakes... pull it together man! better luck next week!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options

A little protein powder in that cookie recipe should do the trick. Nice day!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options

@ PaulHalicki

I'll 3rd the why? And the no thanks.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is one way to encourage an unhealthy relationship with food....or incite some arguments as everyone's definition of "what is allowed or should be eaten" is different from others.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I understand what you were going for here, but "eating mistake" varies WILDLY depending on what a person's goals and habits are.

For example, a lot of people don't eat breakfast at all, and there's no reason we should force ourselves. Some people don't eat meat, or dairy, or fast food so for them, a 'mistake' would be to eat one of those things, whereas someone who considers eating all those things fine won't consider that a mistake. Some people are eating a low carb diet and so having a high carb day is a 'mistake' to them. But some people are not, so telling them their mistake is that they ate too many carbs would be wrong.

See what I'm getting at? you're expecting people to judge each other's diaries and the only way they will be able to judge is by using their own criteria. My criteria are not yours. I'm lactose intolerant, if I eat dairy then bad things happen. I prefer to avoid dairy. But you didn't know that about me. So maybe you'd see my diary and think I wasn't eating enough dairy (because afterall, the old food pyramid recommended 2-3 servings a day). But you'd be wrong - you'd be judging my diary by your standards instead of mine.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

@ PaulHalicki

I'll 3rd the why? And the no thanks.

^Example of my comment.

Personally, I find I do better not eating breakfast or eating minimal (like a protein shake or a packet of oatmeal).
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    LOL. thread fail. It seems that this thread would only perpetuate people to have an unhealthy thought process and opinion of food and types of foods that 'must' be eaten in order to be 'healthy'.

There are no mistakes in my diary.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    OP, I know you have good intentions, but people have different goals/restrictions and having people who don't know what they are talking about tell them what they are doing "wrong" is not going to be helpful.