What Book Are You Reading?

Options

Replies

• meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Danielle Steele " Honor Thyself" it 's a good read.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I read way too much...my GPA shows that I'd rather read than study but...
    Right now I'm reading Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
    Its really interesting. Its based on the love affair of Frank Lloyd Wright, the "founder" of American architecture.

I am reading a couple of others when I leave this one on my bed side table. ..yeah, i'm one of those.

I'm LOVING the ideas for books. I think next I'm reading Twilight. I've heard so many good things about it so I'm excited!

So many have said how good Twilight is, but I'm having trouble with the whole vampire book type thing. Just doesn't interest me. I find I go through genre phases. Thank God I left the Harlequin romance genre very early; then went on to fantasy (Sword of Shanara, Ring Trilogy), then onto Scifi (Heinlein, Asimov), Mystery (Agatha Christie); then onto spy novels (Le Carre, Ludlum), then self improvement (Love Languages, among many others), Adventure (Clive Cussler). And that's not even including the classics that I read all the time in between the others. But, just can't get interested in anything to do with vampires.... ghosts, ghouls, demons, hauntings, etc.

Just saw this and had to respond. One of the things I love about Twilight is how different the vampires are in the book than in any other. They don't burn to dust in the sun, they don't have pointy teeth, their faces don't change, you can't stake them, etc. It's more of a love story than anything but instead of having troubles such as infidelity or distance they have problems because he's a vampire. Sry, have to pimp it. :blushing: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Just finished "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey (the book that was promoted by Oprah, and then Oprah found out it wasn't a true autobiography, and she grilled James Frey on her show about his lies). Now I need to look up that episode of Oprah so I can find out what was/ was not true in the book.

Before that, I read "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. It was awesome.

Actually, I'd highly recommend both of those books.

I think I'm starting on Jane Green's "Second Chance" next. I love Jane Green. Jemima J is my inspiration!!!

If anyone is looking for a cheaper way to aquire and trade books, check out www.paperbackswap.com. I've been a member there for a year and LOVE it. You trade books with other people, and everyone pays for shipping (media rate = $2.18 or thereabouts). It's wonderful and there are millions (literally) of books on the site.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    The Hellboy Companion :bigsmile:

Brotherhood of the Snake by Dan Abnett
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Shack" by William Young--getting ready to start "The Wheels of Chance" by H.G.Wheels
  • RunningRatty
    RunningRatty Posts: 161
    Options
    Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    It takes me FOREVER to read a book..mainly because the minute I sit down to read....a child finds me LOL!
    Did just finish Mary Mary - James Patterson and will be starting 4th of july-another patterson book
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks & The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chronicles of Narnia, I read them to my oldest when he was younger and I can't wait to read them to my other two kids, I hope they enjoy them also.

I've just finished reading Almost moon by Alice Sebold, which I'm taking back to the library today, and can hopefully find something else to check out! (It's a really small library and I am pretty sure I've been through most books there that interest me)

I am a member of a book club where I purchase my books through the mail, I just recently signed up again and am anxious to get my new order. I've got some new James Patterson, new Nora Roberts on the way as well as a supposedly motivational book from Bob Harper (from the biggest loser). I am a HUGE book worm!!!
  • damselfly25
    Options
    Just finished "Lulu Meets Gods and Doubts Him" by Danielle Ganek...good fiction about the inner workings of the art world.

Now I've started "The Hills at Home" by Nancy Clark...so far so good, beautifully written and amusing.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I always have a few books on the go at any one time, at the moment:

The Prince -Machiavelli the book every aspiring tyrant...i mean civil servant should read :wink:

The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman - Laurence Stern

Hornblower and the Hotspur - C.S. Forester

and my throw away one is a re-read of the last Wheel of Time book by Robert Jordan
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm slowly getting through my summer list, but right now I am on The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I just finished reading Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella. This is a very fun read that I could not put down. Watch out...you may very well laugh out loud!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Now I'm reading Left Behind the first book of the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. I haven't read those books before so I recently bought the whole set on E-bay.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Just finished 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It was such a good book, I couldn't put it down.

And now I'm reading Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. It's such a thought provoking story.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Now I'm reading Left Behind the first book of the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. I haven't read those books before so I recently bought the whole set on E-bay.

They are SOOOO good!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I know. It's really hard to put the first book down. My daughter read the whole set and she wants to read them again as I get through with them.
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    I loved the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, but her new book The Host is soooo Gooood! I couldn't put it down, Literally! A book that normally would have taken me a week to read took only 1.5 days. I let my kids take care of themselves and put orff everything till I was done. The firs few chapters are a little dull but the rest is great!
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I am currently reading The Stand by Stephen King, it is the 4th time i've read it, It is my favorite book by Stephen King, i really like that it takes a couple of weeks to read because it has 1100 pages.
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Just finished "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey (the book that was promoted by Oprah, and then Oprah found out it wasn't a true autobiography, and she grilled James Frey on her show about his lies). Now I need to look up that episode of Oprah so I can find out what was/ was not true in the book.

Before that, I read "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. It was awesome.

Actually, I'd highly recommend both of those books.

I think I'm starting on Jane Green's "Second Chance" next. I love Jane Green. Jemima J is my inspiration!!!

If anyone is looking for a cheaper way to aquire and trade books, check out www.paperbackswap.com. I've been a member there for a year and LOVE it. You trade books with other people, and everyone pays for shipping (media rate = $2.18 or thereabouts). It's wonderful and there are millions (literally) of books on the site.

A million little pieces turned out to be a lie i tried to read and was very annoyed that it wasn't true and he tried to pass it off as real.