Not losing weight or exercising?

Options
Hi!
So I've probably lost about a pound over a month. I haven't been strictly tracking calories but I've been eating clean, no processed foods or stuff like that (though I have been eating some red meat? Is that awful?)

I'm just annoyed because I can't exercise because my toe is broken and I'm too self conscious to go running. Does anyone know why I'm not losing weight? Any tips? I've been trying to eat about 1200-1400 calories a day, but I don't think I'm achieving that. Probably eating a bit less, but again, I'm not strictly tracking. I want to be slimmed down and I thought I would be by now, after about a month (since I have about 40 pounds to lose, but I'd really be okay with about 20 ish).

There's no way it could be muscle gain, since I'm not exercising. So I just want to know where I'm going wrong here. I'm thinking it's undereating but I don't know what else to eat that will fill my calories without adding to the other stuff?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'd just suggest strictly tracking and not worrying over what foods are 'bad'. Clean eating does not necessarily mean weight loss. It's more about sticking to your calories/macros regardless of whether you eat 5 candy bars a day or all vegetables.

I've heard a lot of people who aren't able to do a lot of physical activity doing bed exercises.. you might want to look into that if you're wanting to remain a bit more active.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly tracking.

You are asking why you haven't lost weight when you don't even know how many calories you have been eating.......

So on very little information the most likely reason is that you are eating more than you realise.
    The start point is to set a sensible deficit and track all your food.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    To know where you are going wrong you should really track everything and look back after a week and assess.
  • lemonflutter
    Options
    Sorry for not being clear - I mean I'm not tracking as in I don't put it down on a diary, but I do know what I'm eating and I know what calories are in what. I'm eating something like 800-1100 a day, depending on the day of course. But thanks anyways, I'll try remembering to track a bit better.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely say track everything in your diary on here. I only just started and has guestimated my calories today at around 1200, when put in the diary it was more like 1500. Good luck!
  • mags726
    mags726 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    But I think the putting it down on paper or in a food log (such as the one MFP has) is WAY different than just "knowing" what you are eating. When you log your food, you have the ability to go back and truly analyze what you have been eating and make any necessary dietary changes. Good luck.