Chocolate Zucchini Brownies (76 - 161 cals per piece!)

Options

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I made zucchini muffins with dark chocolate chips and they were incredible. :)

Do you have a recipe for this!? If my first experiment works I reckon I'm going to be hungry for more! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options
    these are about to go in my oven :D
    Will be sure to report back on them
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow, looks too good to be true...thanks!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bumb
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Might have to try this.
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I love baking and being on a diet means I've had to stop, as I've no will-power, but these look amazing! I will be trying them. :D

I love baking and have no will-power as well. My solution? I make something delicious, have a taste and then give the rest to a neighbor or friend. People love it, and I do too! Sometimes if it is yummy but not too tempting, I will freeze a few for later. If it's something really rich, I have one piece and take a bite every few hours through out the day. No need to torture myself. We all NEED chocolate every now and again.
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options
    Ok so the verdict is YUM! Really moist and sticky and good. Maybe a wee bit chewier than the average brownie. Mine came out at 128 cals a piece as I used less chocolate chips which I think is pretty good! Seriously yummy and I think they taste like the should have more like 200-250 cals, and there are actually some nutrients and stuff in there!

temporary_zps5e21d2d2.jpg

temporary_zpse0f66cc4.jpg

temporary_zps7ae19050.jpg

squishy goo

temporary_zpsd0bfa1b7.jpg

Photography skills not exactly perfect but still!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Omgosh...gotta have them.
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ok so the verdict is YUM! Really moist and sticky and good. Maybe a wee bit chewier than the average brownie. Mine came out at 128 cals a piece as I used less chocolate chips which I think is pretty good! Seriously yummy and I think they taste like the should have more like 200-250 cals, and there are actually some nutrients and stuff in there!

temporary_zps5e21d2d2.jpg

temporary_zpse0f66cc4.jpg

temporary_zps7ae19050.jpg

squishy goo

temporary_zpsd0bfa1b7.jpg

Photography skills not exactly perfect but still!

Looks wonderful! Bump!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • loislane2003
    loislane2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump. dey luk amazin
  • CrimsonStain
    CrimsonStain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible saying this, but I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Regular homemade brownies cut to a reasonable size are about 160 calories...and 80 if you cut them in half. Why ruin a beautiful thing? Unless, of course, you don't eat vegetables regularly and you need to hide them in your food like I do to my 7 year old son.

I concur, vegetables do not belong in cake (and this sweeping statement includes carrots and beetroot).

I find it amusing that you posted this recipe on my birthday! My mother has made chocolate zucchini cake for my birthday ever since I was born and it is to drool for. I would love to try a little twist on a long standing tradition! :smile:

As for those of you who think that vegetables do not belong in cake, so be it. BUT with this (cake or brownies) the zucchini is not tasted and the beauty zucchini adds is the moisture. Ever tasted dry, air-like chocolate cake? It's not even worth eating in my opinion. However, the added zucchini does not change the taste but rather makes it moist & full. The secret to such moisture is to not drain out the juices of the zucchini but rather mix it in.
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options
    [/quote]

I find it amusing that you posted this recipe on my birthday! My mother has made chocolate zucchini cake for my birthday ever since I was born and it is to drool for. I would love to try a little twist on a long standing tradition! :smile:

As for those of you who think that vegetables do not belong in cake, so be it. BUT with this (cake or brownies) the zucchini is not tasted and the beauty zucchini adds is the moisture. Ever tasted dry, air-like chocolate cake? It's not even worth eating in my opinion. However, the added zucchini does not change the taste but rather makes it moist & full. The secret to such moisture is to not drain out the juices of the zucchini but rather mix it in.
    [/quote]

:)
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My second bump ever. I forget what the first one was for...
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mammybrown69
    Options
    Bump
  • uptomoonandback
    uptomoonandback Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump!