You will lose this much weight button?

Options

Replies

• BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    But what if everyday was Groundhog Day? And instead of a button, I just posted the same question in the forums over and over and over again? What should the button day then?

You mean like repeat? You mean like repeat? You mean like repeat? You mean like repeat? LMFAO!!!!!
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like it., but it does get kind of disappointing.

Only 2kgs by October? whaaatt?
  • phyllisjoyce
    Options
    Must confess I rather like it, gives me encouragement.
    :wink:
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't like it, I LOVE IT. :-) This keeps me focused. We are on a mission and MFP is designed to help us meet our goals. I want the truth and nothing but the truth during my journey. If you don't click the button this statement will not appear. Get on this train girlfriend and let's ride it. The above comments were expressed all in love and nothing but :-) #TeamMFP
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I really like it. I make a copy of my good days and have used them to shape my food and exercise goals.... it's an extra tool to help my weight loss :0)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love it especially on surplus days.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping one day I'll like what it says. I assume it's supposed to be motivational, but...
    Every evening after I click that button, I say to my husband "Guess what honey!?! In five weeks, I'll still be fat!" And he replies "But not AS fat."

This made me laugh. Sounds like the same motivation my fiance gives me.

Honestly, I like the button. I know it's not accurate but so long as it says a number lower than I currently am, it feels good. And on the days I go over it's a good kick in the butt to show me I'm blowing it if I keep eating like that.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I just wish it was accurate. |anyone seeing my diary would know that most days ARE like today. But I don't achieve the weight they predict. and I've been doing this for 2 years...:cry:
  • I just wish we could customize it. I would make mine say something along the lines of "If every day were like this, you'd blossom into a unicorn in 5 weeks!"

But seriously, telling me I'd lose like 3 lbs is 5 weeks is kind of not that inspiring. I'd make mine like 8-12 weeks. If you're gonna dangle a carrot in front of someone's face, at least make it a big and tasty carrot...

Exactly!!!!!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Nice to see the number but not really realistic for what is it a 5 week estimate ?
    I crunch numbers myself on paper and know pretty close where I should be in regards to loss.
    I plan on weighing in once a month.
    I used a calorie calculator, online, to determine calories to maintain current weight and goal is to stay under that number as much as possible.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's the ONE feature I wish we could optionally remove.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I think its annoying
  • joan280
    Options
    :smile:
    I like the button but it is not accurate.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    The button is my most favorite part of MFP!!! I love it!!!
  • kittykat1188
    Options
    I like the button in a way, as sometimes it can be motivational to see the lower figure. however, as many of you have stated, it is not accurate, which defeats the object if you ask me!
  • smithed812
    Options
    I hate the button because I use a BMF armband and have daily deficits of 500-1000 calories, so MFP tells me I'm going to gain weight in 5 weeks. LIES!!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love it -- I know how time flies, and it makes me happy to see a lower possible weight for not so far in the future.
  • paperpusher3
    paperpusher3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I happen to like the button. I find it motivates me to stay on track. I can also see the difference that exercise makes.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The things people are complaining about today...

Hmmmm, are you complaining about what Im complaining about - think about that, hmmmmm?????

If I were complaining about it you wouldn't have to ask.
    Obviously you are complaining ACTUALLY. lol. You must be bored and thought you'd just put ur two cents worth in this thread. Whatever complainer about peoples' complaints.
This discussion has been closed.