Vegetarian Recipes please!

Options
I am a vegetarian, I eat eggs, cheese , milk, no meat. I am struggling with finding good low fat low sugar recipes. I would love to have some new ones.

Replies

• ldsupergirl
    Options
    I am a vegetarian, I eat eggs, cheese , milk, no meat. I am struggling with finding good low fat low sugar recipes. I would love to have some new ones.
  • sunnyholtz
    Options
    My personnel favorite. It is so quick and easy you won't believe it.

1 C. Instant Brown Rice
    1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed (or can use Kidney or whatever you like)
    1 Can Diced Tomatoes (recommend Del Monte Zesty Mild Green Chilis, adds a little kick)
    1 C. Water
    1 T. Dried Minced Onion
    1/2 t. Chili Powder
    1/2 t. Oregano
    1/2 t. Cumin
    1 C. Frozen Veggies of Choice

Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized microwave container, stirring ingredients together. Cover and microwave on high for 12 minutes. Stir and serve hot.

3 Servings
    Calories: 250
    Fat: 1.5 grams
    Protein: 9 grams
    Carbs: 49 grams
    Fiber: 7.7 grams
    Sodium: 450 milligrams
    Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    That sounds great! I love black beans and cumin. Let me ask how do you think cillantro would be in it also? Or would the cillantro not be good with the veggies? Thanks!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3287-tofu-parmigiana

Thats one of my all time favorites, in fact, I have some at work today for lunch. It makes a TON. Ignore the "four servings" thing because if you take a little bit and serve it with some whole wheat pasta, its a meal fit for a king.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Do you have face book? If so I am apart of this great group with TONS of great recipes (Vegan though). Let me know and I will forward on the info.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just got an email today with a ton of vegetarian ideas! Here's the link!

http://www.bhg.com/recipes/vegetarian/ideas/vegetarian-main-dishes/;jsessionid=X2GTPF1MRJGP1QFIBQSCCZQ?page=2