Sticking to the Plan

Options
OK, I am new here and not sure if this is where I post this but I need SUGGESTIONS...........I was completely honest and logged in my day today it is including what I am making for dinner, however, my daily breakfast is what I had today (WOW) really not happy with the outcome and my Lunch was well a once in a great while for me....I feel full, sick and disgusted. I need some suggestions on QUICK breakfasts, I know what I need to do is get up a 1/2 hour earlier and make me an egg or something but for some reason I just cna't roll myself out of bed., even though I am not really tired. I also realize i need to add my full 30 min to 1 hr walk.......Any motivational tips or kicks in the butt would be of great help.............Thank you everyone..............Kristin

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Success is the best motivation. This works!!!!!!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i am not a morning person! i stay in bed until the very last minute without being late to work and i'm generally running out the door - no time or patience to put into breakfast. so what i've turned to is oatmeal. quaker makes lower sugar flavors that are pretty delicious. i grab one packet from the box each morning and take it to work. once i'm settled at my desk i make the packet of oatmeal and feel full for about two hours. if you find one packet of oatmeal not filling enough, bring an orange or other fruit to make it easier to last until lunch.
    you can do it! good luck sticking to your goals!!
  • molly33
    Options
    I am also one that likes to stay in bed till the last minute. I have pb & J at the office with wheat bread or 100 cal bagels. Also the slim fast meal bar is pretty good, cheerio bars, etc.
  • dwazy
    dwazy Posts: 13
    Options
    A lot of times I grab a piece of fruit and slap some peanut butter on a piece of bread and eat it while I'm on my way to work. You can microwave your egg (25 secs at a time) to make scrambled eggs. Just stir every time before you restart the time. I use one whole egg, one white, and eat it with a piece of bread. If you are starving by lunch then you need to eat something around 9:30 or 10. I will eat either yogurt or a piece of fruit. Keep at it and you will find something that works for you. And, drink lots of water!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You can try preparing something the night before that all you have to do is nuke it and eat while you drive. Yocoo could make an eggwhite only breakfast sandwich using some already diced up veggies and meats and wrap it in a tortilla or use a low cal bread of some sort. If you prepare the night before - have it in a baggy - nuke it, it will be ready to go. Recommend a food scale to weigh things out for accurate caloric values. I am confident that you can do this. there are some really low calorie turkey sausages and bacons out there as well that you could use - or the deli slices of turkey/chicken. add a little local cheese and some veggies and you would be good to go. I like to cook my eggwhites like an omelet and add veggies to the pan (the veggies cook along with the egg whites). I dice stuff up on sunday and then use it all week. I grow peppers and tomatoes in my garden, so I use them (peppers and onions can be diced and frozen and then used as you need them - so can the various meets you use). Pretty much anything you get at a fastfood restaurant can be done at home but much healthier. Try it and see if it works for you. Also, just have some frozen fruit on hand (I love blueberries). I weigh out the appropriate serving size, put in a baggie, and then take to work with me. they thaw naturally on their own and I add them to cereal (I like honey bunches of oats). I don't drink milk, so warming up the blueberries moistens the cereal and tastes so good - no need for sugar at all with the blueberries added.

Vickie
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    These are my breakfast staples: All for around 200 calories

1) South Beach Protein breakfast bar with 1/2 apple or a 80 calorie yogurt
    2) Toast 1/2 of a whole wheat sandwich thin, spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Top with 1/2 banana or several thin slices of an apple.
    3) Scramble one whole egg and one egg white, add red peppers and onions and 1/2 sandwich thin toasted. (only do this on a weekend morning since I don't have to rush off to work)

I'm not a big fan of breakfast but these 3 have great proteins and good carbs to start my day. Holds me until lunch 4 hours later without a problem.

Good luck.
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom and I want to sleep until the very last second possible. I usually have a Luna Bar for breakfast, they are a little high in sugar so I have to watch my intake for the rest of the day but, I usually stay full until lunch time. They are right at 180 calories.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am not a big morning person, but I have found microwaving 1 egg + 1 Arnold's Sandwich Thin lightly toasted + a few sprays of I can't believe it's not butter and 1/4 of an avocado is a 5 minute super easy and good breakfast. I usually put he sandwich together and then eat it at work - or on the way :tongue: I love avocados and they are a great healthy fat. I am substituting the avocado for cheese.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (porrdge) done in the microwave. Quick easy and very filling!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I do a thin bagel & weight watchers cream cheese. It's about 150 calories and super quick and easy. =] Good luck on finding what works for you!!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have spoons and instant oatmeal in packets in my desk at work. I get a cup of hot water from the coffee machine and mix in a packet. This fills me up until lunch most days.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I actually keep a box of cereal and carton milk here AT work.

Otherwise - oatmeal is so fast.
    3/4 cup oats
    1 1/2 cup water
    Raisins
    Splash honey
    Nuke 2 minutes in tupperware. Afix lid.
    When you get to work it is PERFECT.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i only eat a half a cup of oatmeal for breakfast as i too have trouble eating first thing in the day. i have found that 1/4 cup dry cooks up to 1/2 c cooked. i also add 8 almonds to my oatmeal after it is cooked. the almonds are what keep me eating it every day. ha ha
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I agree oatmeal in the microwave is the best option (if you like it) - quick, easy, and filling.