FALL IS COMING!!!

Options

Replies

• la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like fall, but I LOVE summer. Living in MI, the fall colors are AMAZING!!! But I'm thinking of moving somewhere south next summer so I can avoid the winters. :-)
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love Fall. Cooler weather,leaves changing colors,Halloween. Oct is actually my favorite month.
  • modernshieldmaiden
    Options
    I am pretty stoked for fall to be coming around the corner - I do not to well in hot weather AT ALL. I will be glad to be able to walk around campus all day long and not feel like I'm swimming through the hottest pits of Hell. Also, everything pumpkin-flavored, gorgeous trees, new seasonal produce, and chilly Minnesota nights. If only I could live somewhere that's permanently chilly!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Living in Lousiana, I HATE summer. I have been eagerly anticipating Fall, like a small child awaiting Christmas!!

Cannot wait!!

I used to live in Louisiana , I used to love Fall and Winter.
    I live in Alaska now. I love love love Summer
  • danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I live in the Canadian prairies so fall around here is a catch 22 :)

The leaves change colours to fiery reds, golden yellows and spunky orange, the fields all turn gold, the bugs are scarce because the nights get so cold- it's great!

But the catch is in this: anyone you know who has anything to do on a farm, or agriculture of any sort (ie- greenhouses) is basically written off as MIA until the end of November when harvest is done and crops have been trucked out. (for me, I don't get to see my sister's family since they live on a farm and there's lots to do!)

But Fall is my favourite time of the year! Halloween, sweaters and wooly socks- I love it!!
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas. I love spring and fall. I really enjoy swimming and the summertime openings of pools and such. But I love being able to be outdoors without sweating to death. There is a new hike and bike trail in the area I am eager to try.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm glad cooler weather is coming. I just moved to NC from New England and I honestly hate it here. I missed out on a lot of my summer because I was 8-9 months pregnant when it was hottest and to put it bluntly, F going outside when it's that hot. Now I want the cooler weather so I can take the baby out. Sick of the house!

Oh and Halloween too.. gotta love it :)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on where you live. Here in the Seattle area fall just means that it's either raining right now, just got done raining or is about to rain. A dry fall where leaves blow around instead of lying in clumps on the ground? Sure, sounds awesome. But I will mourn the end of summer.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Living in Lousiana, I HATE summer. I have been eagerly anticipating Fall, like a small child awaiting Christmas!!

Cannot wait!!

THIS!! I live in Louisiana too, the summers are way too frickin hot and humid. I love fall and spring when I can open my windows and turn off the AC/heat. Raking up the falling leaves will also provide great calorie burning exercise.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Fall is my favourite! Living in a desert makes for crazy hot days with uncomfortable nights. I always look forward to warm days and cooler nights of Fall along with the changing colours of the trees etc.
  • I live in Phoenix, been 110 + for five months now, I am ready for it to go away. Fall and Winter are the best, oh how I would love to live somewhere cold and gloomy, thirty years of sun and only a few rainy days a year. I am so over the sun!
  • bloodycape
    Options
    Fall is the BEST. I'm SO excited about it and counting down the days until it officially begins. I even bought pumpkin candles haha. I am extremely annoyed though that this week will be in the 80's like ugh just cool down already so I can get back to wearing boots and cute sweaters and being in a good mood all of the time because of the pretty weather :( I'm so bummed. I guess its sandals this week lol
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Fall is definitely my favorite. It's not hot, but it's not freezing either. Just right. Also, this Halloween is going to be uber special for me and my fiance. We're finally getting hitched and we're doing it as zombies or just ghouls.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. I look forward to fall as soon as fall ends. I HATE summer. I hate the heat and the sun.....debbie downer, I know, but I hate it. Winter is great but can be way too cold. Fall is, like, perfect. Crisp, cool air....spices, food, Halloween, bonfires, snuggies, hot cocoa, changing leaves.

Perfection <3

THISSSSS!!!! LOVE FALL! And my birthday is in the fall also!! BEST season ever! Winter is way too cold! Summer is too damn hot plus my energy/electric bill SKYROCKETS from the AC being on. Also use more gas faster from AC being on! Summer is the WORST! Spring is good :smile: I don't like extremes!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The trees are already starting to turn here. Wild apples are almost ripe. This summer has been strange, we've had hot days broken up with weeks of wet and cold, so I never bothered to put away the hoodies. :wink: There are things to love and hate about all the seasons here.

For running Fall is definitely my favorite because runs that feel hard in the summer heat are suddenly easier!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I live in lower Mississippi and know what you mean.. LOVE THE BEACH---BUT---I can hardly wait for some cool running weather.
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love the fall!! My daughter's 1st birthday is coming Oct. 4th, hubby's birthday is Oct. 7th, pumpkins, Halloween, apple picking, apple pies, yummy Yankee Candle harvest smells, jeans and hoodies, cool breezes, beautiful foliage, BRIGHT IT ON!!! (I live in New England )
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love fall! Favorite season for sure. My birthday, Halloween, changing leaves, everything pumpkin-flavored, boots and sweaters and thick, cozy leggings, and the cool weather... yeah, nothing better than fall, IMO. :) As soon as it starts cooling down, I'll be driving with the windows down and warm clothes on, going out to play with my camera, taking road trips, etc.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Fall means winter.

Winter means -- after like a day of prettiness -- in order of crappiness:

- LOOOOOOOOONG nights and short, overcast days
    - dirty snow, ice on the sidewalks
    - everyone hibernating
    - things smelling wet & damp on the subway

No wonder everyone wears black.

I don't care about the fall colours, pumpkins, blah blah blah, none of it can make up for 6-8 months of the above.

So yeah I like summer :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Fall means winter.

Winter means -- after like a day of prettiness -- in order of crappiness:

- LOOOOOOOOONG nights and short, overcast days
    - dirty snow, ice on the sidewalks
    - everyone hibernating
    - things smelling wet & damp on the subway

No wonder everyone wears black.

I don't care about the fall colours, pumpkins, blah blah blah, none of it can make up for 6-8 months of the above.

So yeah I like summer :)

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!