The New Girl

Options
:flowerforyou: Today is my first day. I believe you know why I'm here. I welcome any support, advice, suggestions, or compliments.. :bigsmile: :wink: Geez, you know.. I never know what to say here... I'm Kim. I'm a single mother of two- Catey 11 & TC 8. I'm 31 (32 in less than 3 weeks...) and not getting any younger. The time has come to make serious life changes for health and happiness. My sister was told yesterday that she is borderline diabetic due to weight. I haven't been checked but feel certain I am a candidate as well. She is on a strict diet from the Dr... I am doing this here. Ok- so that's me. Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks all! Good luck!!

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you made the right choice. I have family members who used to be very healthy, and due to excessive eating, no exercise, and not being healthy, they now have diabetes and are incredibly miserable. I applaud your effort and wish you the best in achieving your new healthy lifestyle!!!!!!
  • ginastnly
    Options
    Good Luck Kim, I think you will find this is a great tool to keep you on track. Everyone is always helpful and you can always get great ideas to change the menu up when you feel like you are getting in a rut. I have just started tracking on this site for two weeks and I love it!! It really opened my eyes to the choices I was making everyday.
  • mommy2r
    mommy2r Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm 4 days in myself and this is a great motivational site to have joined :flowerforyou:
  • lessman29
    Options
    Good luck!! Feel free to add me if you think that will help!! I too decided to get serious about being healthy and happy just a few days ago. I am also a single mom but I have three kids. I hope I can help you any way I can. You have taken the first step. Good luck in all your ventures!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I am so glad you could make it. You can do it...:wink: