How to stop bingeing at the weekend

Options
2»

Replies

• ManderWebb
    Options
    Hi London1990!!

I'm just starting out with this "seriously" this week, and found the weekends are definitely my pain point. Particularly because I don't have a plan on Saturday and Sunday, as a previous poster mentioned it may be a good idea to set up a plan for the weekend.

I looked at your diary but only for the last 7 days - do you not drink anything? I noticed no beverages or water was logged. What are you drinking with your meals?

Also I didn't see any exercise logged. Make sure you are doing SOMETHING active every day - even if it's just 15 minutes of walking, it's something. If you are being more active, you might be more willing to eat more calories.

Don't starve yourself throughout the week because, like everyone else has been saying, you'll cave on the weekends. I just started logging on Tuesday, and found myself staying under but usually around 200-300 calories. Some days you were 500+ below goal.

I don't really like fruits and veggies so it's been hard for me to incorporate those, and I LOVE pasta but I have been trying to avoid pigging out on like I was previously. But find the fruits and veggies you DO like and add those in to fill in some extra calories or to be a better snack to stave off cravings.

I really think if you incorporate some activity you'll see better results. Good luck!!!
  • ManderWebb
    Options
    *nevermind my comment about exercising, I see it on a few days there... my bad!
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would say try to plan your eating ahead of time, either the night before or in the morning so you keep on track. I've also learned that losing weight is all a mind game. How bad do you want it? If you are not committed then you will just keep spinning your wheels. Planning definitely helps me keep from falling off the bandwagon. Good luck!
  • enidite
    enidite Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have just looked at a few days in your diary so I might be wrong. But I have noticed that there are hardly any fruits and vegetables. That may be one of the reasons why you are so hungry. Veggies and fruits are low calories and high in fiber, they will help you stay full (along with proteins)
    Good luck.